Hairline crack repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairline crack repair?

One of my Jackson necks has a hairline crack that extends from the screw-hole of the low-E tuner around towards the top of the headstock. The hairline crack seems to be getting a touch bigger, I think because I have been hanging the guitar on the wall and that exact spot of the headstock bears much of the weight of the guitar. So I'm gonna instead start keeping this guitar in its case, but is there anything else I can do to keep this crack from getting any worse?

Stew mac sells thin super glue just bleed the glue into the crack slowly then clamp it. That should work.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

you can find water thin super glues at most hobby shops as well.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully
        you can find water thin super glues at most hobby shops as well.

For 1/3 what stew wants for it! I HATE STEW!!!!!!!

Problem is masking the finish around the crack. then gluing, and getting the now glued down tape off...... Anywhere the glue hits finish will be an eyesore.... and there really isnt much fixing it either, except scraping it off and *trying* to re-polish....

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's an oil-finished neck, so hopefully that makes things a little easier?

Comment

Elmer's or any wood glue is more than enough and get a clamp to hold it for a day . This kind of glue is a lot easier to work with and the excess after you clamp it will wipe away with a damp rag.

Comment

No way in hell I'd be able to get elmers or any sort of wood glue in there... it would be way too thick. This is a very fine crack.

Comment

Just take a small hammer and bust that piece on off. Then you'll be able to use elmers! J/K
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mark you are brutal!!!
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X