No announcement yet.

Dimarzio tone zone or EMG 85 in alder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio tone zone or EMG 85 in alder?

I need a bridge pup that has power,aggression,attitude and real good clarity under high gain for metal in the style of sabbath,slayer,older metallica, in a alder jackson DK?
    need the pup that is more amp friendly as well
    I own two engls and want to get a 5150,a dual recto as well
    I LOVE AMPS!
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

A Tone Zone or 85 will do well in alder. I really like both of them a lot.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      A Tone Zone or 85 will do well in alder. I really like both of them a lot.
      yeah i heard that they are both equally great but let me ask which has the ability to stay clearer when playing the low notes?
      In my leads and all of my rhythms i use a lot of lower notes on the E and A strings and need the pup with better defintion?
      also which drives the amp better?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

The EMG will give you a tighter bottom than the Tone Zone, at the expense of a slightly thinner overall sound. The EMG will also have a bit more power. The two pickups you are asking aout are really night and day. More than tone, you will notice a difference in "feel" between these two.
        I am not a fan of EMG's as I think they sound too sterile. If you use a lot of precessing, that won't be a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe
          The two pickups you are asking aout are really night and day.
          yes i know but both are said to really help fatten the tone up while still having real good definition
          I think i will go 85 first then try the tone zone if need be

Comment

I actually prefer the Tone Zone, I think that drives the amp just a little better, but I'm a huge EMG fan as well.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

EMG's have always been my choice for straight metal when you're doing alot of chuggin'. They rip with one sound that never fluctuates. Passive PU's seem to yield more varying tone with the vol knob and picking attack.

Comment

Working...
              X