Duncan Custom 5/ Maple body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Custom 5/ Maple body

Since a Maple body tends to be a little on the brite side, would a bass heavy pickup like the Custom 5 help?

I don't think a C5 is a bass heavy, more mid range to me.Try it and see what it sounds like.Try a mid range out put pickup and 500k pot or if you choose a high out put try a 300k pot.experiment youg grasshopper
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
      I don't think a C5 is a bass heavy, more mid range to me.
      Huh? The C5 has scooped mids, more bass and treble. Check Duncan's tone chart. The Custom and CC have more mids than the C5. I don't think the C5 was actually all that bassy, seemed kinda balanced for the most part with the treble and bass, just less mids. I just took the one out of my Star because I like more mids. There's a DiMarzio Tone Zone in there now, sounds much better!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well TJ the chart shows just what you say but the one I heard was in a basswood bodied guitar and it was very mid sounding to me.Could have been EQ'd up on the amp I'm not sure I never checked that.You are right tho' it appears to be a scooped pickup.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, sounded pretty scooped to me, something about it just wasn't working for me no matter what amp settings I used. It was better for clean sounds, IMO. And my Star is alder.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the mids on a C5 are at 4 compared to many others it is considered "scooped" but in a PAF way
            like the duncan 59 has a tone chart of
            treble 9
            mids 3
            bass 6

the C5 is essentially a hot paf or a 59 on steriods if you will
            I like more mids so a vote for the tone zone or a custom custom in a maple axe
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
            X