Putting a guitar away for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a guitar away for a while.

What precautions do I have should I do for my Les Paul Custom. I'm going off to college and I'm not taking it with me because I'm afraid it will get stolen. I have a huge case for it but I'm wondering what I should do so its safe from rusting, humidity etc..

1. Make sure that your space does not have rapid climate changes. I use my closets on the interior walls.
    2. Give it a good wipe down to get off all of that hand/body oils--and stuff.

I'm sure there are others here that can add to this list.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

burglar alarm? padlock?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I doubt that it's necessary, but I slacken the strings if a guitar is being put away for a while.

Do you have a beater guitar you can take with you? I find that I start to lose the edge on my playing if I stop for even a single day. I'd bring at least one stringed, fretted instrument.

Comment

I would leave the strings tuned to pitch and give it a good cleaning including oiling the fretboard. I like to throw a couple of packs of silica gel in the case to absorb some of the moisture also.

Comment

Working...
          X