F Spaced PU's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Spaced PU's

Should I use an F spaced PU in the neck position, on a guitar with a trem? I have an F spaced JB in the bridge and I would like to put a PAF up front. Any info would be appreciated!
    If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Standard spaced pickup is correct for the neck position.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
      Standard spaced pickup is correct for the neck position.
      +1... The string spacing narrows as you head from the saddles toward the neck. Go for regular spacing on the neck pup.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

heres the skinny
        with dimarzios and a 43MM nut size on the guitar use a F spaced in the neck as dimarzio recomends
        with duncans use a regular spaced neck pup
        dimarzio's are slightly more narrow from pole to pole than duncans
        a duncan Trem spaced pup is 53 MM and a dimarzio F spaced is 51-1/2 mm's
        so if you use a duncan in the neck like a duncan 59 use a regular spaced pup for a perfect line up
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage
          heres the skinny
          with dimarzios and a 43MM nut size on the guitar use a F spaced in the neck as dimarzio recomends
          with duncans use a regular spaced neck pup
          dimarzio's are slightly more narrow from pole to pole than duncans
          a duncan Trem spaced pup is 53 MM and a dimarzio F spaced is 51-1/2 mm's
          so if you use a duncan in the neck like a duncan 59 use a regular spaced pup for a perfect line up
          I had an F-spaced DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck position and it did not line-up properly...although that was on an Ibanez RG-570. I'm not sure of the Bridge/locking nut width differences between the RG and the guitar he's talking about.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lester
            I had an F-spaced DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck position and it did not line-up properly...although that was on an Ibanez RG-570. I'm not sure of the Bridge/locking nut width differences between the RG and the guitar he's talking about.
            was the poles off to far from center?
            your RG has a 43 MM nut and dimarzio recomends the F spaced pup in the neck as well?

i do know that the bridge tone zone which is f spaced i just got is not exactly lined up at the bridge of my jackson Dinky?
            the duncan stuff lines up exact even though you can has the poles off a bit and it will not effect the performance of the pup to any serious degree, all the guys back in the day had no choice but to use regualr pups since they were no f spaced pups yet
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage
              was the poles off to far from center?
              your RG has a 43 MM nut and dimarzio recomends the F spaced pup in the neck as well?

i do know that the bridge tone zone which is f spaced i just got is not exactly lined up at the bridge of my jackson Dinky?
              the duncan stuff lines up exact even though you can has the poles off a bit and it will not effect the performance of the pup to any serious degree, all the guys back in the day had no choice but to use regualr pups since they were no f spaced pups yet
              The outer-polepieces on the neck pickup were offset to the outside, so if you bent a string it would pull even farther away from the pole. I replaced both PAFs with an F-spaced Evo in the bridge and a regular-spaced Evo in the neck...everything is spaced properly now on my RG.

Also, the magnetic field of a pickup's pole is elliptical...general consensus being that the importance of proper spacing is asthetic in nature.
              Last edited by wicked_lester; 08-21-2006, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X