Stereo CHorus Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo CHorus Problem

So I get a bug up my a** and I think I want to hook up a Stereo Rig. (Old 800 and a New Peavey Penta)
    I head up to my local Pawn shop and pick up a Old Boss stereo Chorus. (40 bucks). I get back and hook it up like I "think" Im supposed to and I get a Loud hum with both Amps on. Chorus on or off, it dosent matter. If I unplug Either amp Input, the noise goes away and operates as one amp should. Playing both sounds Godly , but the Noise when not playing makes the setup un-useable.
    What am I missing?
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Sounds like you have a ground loop. Go Google for ground loops and lifting the ground.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It might be more than just ground loop. By connecting two amps together via the chorus pedal, you are also connecting the grounds between them via the guitar cords, so a 'ground lift' at the plug might not do anything.

The issue could be also polarity differences between the two amps, and you might need to 'isolate' the common grounds from the amps. Some A/B switches have provisions for these three issues 1) ground lift, 2) polarity, 3) isolation, like this Radial True Bypass switcher:
      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...her?sku=153931
      http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbas...pec/153931.pdf (see bottom of page)

You might have to incorporate something like this in the the path between the amps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply....
        I should have specified, I already tried the ground lift, This did nothing.....

I think This piece might do the trick. Im gonna try it out.
        Thanks
        Todd
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I got the Radial ABY box yesterday...... It did the trick.
          thanks Guys

Comment

Working...
          X