Reading Millivolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Millivolts

Ok, got my new tubes and I need to bias my tubes to 90mV. Here is a link to the multimeter I own (http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(cwaihi55olzcn5ysy2axd345)/LargeImage.aspx?SKU=3160520&Image=3160520h.jpg) Where do I set the switch to read the millivolts.

thanks

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

I would guess if you turned the knob where it said "MV" in the LCD screen, that would be it. Unless, that means "Mega Volts":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

no mv on lcd. my first guess was to the upper left side in the V... side by the 2000m.
      joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

I will be quiet. Do you mean you are trying to bias your amp? Ask Twister.

Comment

Use the one that says 200m.

The one that says 2000m might decimalise it and confuse you (i.e. 2.0 x 10^-3 which would be 2000 millivolts).

Comment

Oh by the way, do you know if the internal circuit at that point is DC or AC?

If it's AC use the V sign that has the wavy line next to it, if it's DC use the V sign that has the solid line with the dotted line next to it.

Comment

Duh... Yeah the amp not the tubes... And thanks for 'being quiet'.

I'll check out the 200m
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind - read the post wrong. Move along, move along
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK
                  Duh... Yeah the amp not the tubes... And thanks for 'being quiet'.

I'll check out the 200m
                  I may be a dumb drunk, but I know tubes is tubes. Does your amp have a bias adjuster or do you have fuk with whatever those little soldering things are called.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

My TSL100 has the little POT adjusters (one for each 50w bank).

I set my DMM to 200m using the V on the upper left-hand side (V w/- and...). I set the bias adjusters so that each bank read 90. I've not had a chance to plug in to see if anything worked, however, does all this sound right?

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Only one way to find out . I think you'll be fine, maybe use an electricians pen to find out which circuits are live first.

Comment

Working...
                      X