Lube On Floyd Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lube On Floyd Posts

Do any of you use any sort of lube on your Floys posts where the blade touches? If so what do you use on there?
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

3 in 1 oil...just a drop or two.

Comment

I use synthetic lube. Dry lube like graphite powder might work good. The problem with oil is it attract dirt and holds onto it which causes wear too.

Comment

Dry spray lube is the best, and doesn't attract dust either. The over-spray leaves a whitish residue though, but you just wipe it off.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I think I read in an Ibanez forum about using Chapstick to lube the posts. Sounds unusual, but may work. Certainly cheap and easy to find.

Comment

what about K-Y jelly??

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost
              what about K-Y jelly??
              What the hell are you doing with your guitar if you need that ??:ROTF:
              Just kidding!

Comment

I use TW-25B its a dry lube it repells dirt and moisture.Works great on machine guns too.The Navy Seals and Army Rangers have used it for years.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                  I use TW-25B its a dry lube it repells dirt and moisture.Works great on machine guns too.The Navy Seals and Army Rangers have used it for years.
                  Then hell yeah, if it works on a machine gun, it's bound to hold up ok on a guitar! (unless of course, you're Petrucci)
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I use nothing.

Comment

Thanks all. I've never used anything and I've been playing for years but after just spending out on my first OFR I thought I'd get some feedback.
                      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I've never used anything on my trem posts, but I DO have graphitar (graphite dissolved in alcohol), that I use on non-locking nuts, and it has been a Godsend. Goes on wet, then the alcohol dissolves. Great stuff.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Just spit on it.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Chap Stick.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've never used anything either but that dry lube stuff sounds interesting.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                              X