Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here know of the fattest,thickest lead tone pup for a jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here know of the fattest,thickest lead tone pup for a jackson?

I like a pretty tradtional metal ryhthm tone(good low end that i tight,and also very crunchin) but i need a lead tone that is kind of like a les paul?
    one that has real good burn but is real thick and fat?
    should i try a tone zone?
    i heard these are a solution for a guy like me that needs a metal rhythm tone and a ultra fat lead tone?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

I think the DiMarzio Tone Zone will do just fine for what you want. I put one in an old string-thru Jackson Dinky HX awhile back, loved it! I've now got one that I'll be putting in the bridge of my Charvel Star, as the Duncan Custom 5 in there is a tiny bit weak and a little too scooped in the mids for my tastes. The Tone Zone has nice low mids and bass thrown in, slightly less highs, but it's pretty well balanced, sounds great.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A JB is also a possibility. I've never really cared much for them, but the N4 I recently got has one i the neck and it just sounds SWEEEEET! Very thick and rich sounding, quite LPish.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I dig the hell out of my:

Duncan Screamin' Demon - Fusion
        EMG 81 - Model 4
        Duncan Distortion - Model 1A

All fat, all very good sounding.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I have a TZ...it's a nice, fat sounding pickup. I want to stay with Duncans for my DK2 so I'm looking into the Blues Saraceno Trembucker (TB-3?) or a Custom. I'm not sure which to pick yet.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

SD Custom Custom (TB-11)
            Great pickup... thick and full of tone.
            -Rick

Comment

TZ or Super III are good choices.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Dimebucker is what you describe IMO.. or a Trembucker. Duncan made three versions of the TB-1 if I recall.. the hottest is a very full sounding pup.

Comment

Jackson J-50n is very PAF ish about 8.5 DC.The J-50n& j50b are very les paul like in a mahogony body.Smooth and mellow in a maple body.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks all
                    I decided to try a tone zone then if that did not work out try the breed model.
                    the emg 81 i have now is real aggressive and can be fat/thick with some heavy eq'ing but i think i want to go passive plus i would like to coil tap
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

The Tone Zone will get you there, with room to spare. It's one of the best pickups made today.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                        The Tone Zone will get you there, with room to spare. It's one of the best pickups made today.
                        glad to hear that!

Comment

DiMarzio X2N

Comment

Savage, I have breeds in my Jem7DBK...they sound quite a bit darker and really smooth compared to the Tone Zone. I think you're on the right track with the TZ.
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                            X