What do i need to keep my guitar at the right humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i need to keep my guitar at the right humidity

i'm not sure if i need a humidifier or a dehumidifier, i live in canada so i get dry winters and humid summer so i need somthing that will keep it at 45 relative humidity any suggestions. preffibly somthing pretty cheap. Thanks

Sounds like you need a Humidifier in the winter and a Dehumidifier in the summer. LOL

But seriously, is this for an acoustic?

Have you had some humidity problems with your guitar(s)?
    Last edited by maxboost; 08-14-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

no man its for my RR1 it was really humid here for a week and it warped the neck i got it fixed but i don't want to deal with it again. is there like somthing that i put in the % and it just keeps it that way??

Comment

Central air dude.OMFG it was humid for one week.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

chuck it in the walk-in humidor with your cigars. That's what I'd do.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Those are cheap, eh? :P

Comment

I have central air now but, had 2 guitars in my old basement with no air for 5 years with no problem. One of those guitars I have still never taken the truss rod cover off, and its mahogony neck. I just try not to have sudden changes in temp or humidity and generally keep them in the case.

anyway sorry to here you had such a problem with your RR1, and what part of Canada is Right Behind You in? ...eh?

Comment

Toronto that one week was really hard on it. The Humidity and temperature chages alot so its hard on my guitars and i keep them in thier cases. the werid thing was that my RR1 got warped and my ibanez was fine it might just be that my RR1 is still pretty new and that wood hasn't cured yet and its still addjusting

Comment

I wouldn't think humidity would have a huge effect on a fully finished neck. Maybe the wood wasn't properly dried? I've never heard of Jackson letting any green wood slip through, but you never know.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X