Warrior Pro Owners. Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Pro Owners. Help please.

Just picked up my Warrior Pro last week and absolutely love it. One question though. I've seen 2 different set ups, one with a micro toggle switch and one without the switch (which I have). Can any of you with the non swith one tell me whether the tone control is a tone control or a mid boost etc and do you have a battery in the rear cavity please? I have no battery but the pot seems to "click" half way round and it definitely needs some contact cleaner in it.

Thanks
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

well, I don't have a warrior pro, but I do have a midboost.
    and there is no click on half way, further it doesn't work without a battery, so I guess it's a tone knob?

beautiful guitar none the less!! how about some pics?
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58426
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

All Warrior Pros came with the Mid-Sweep circuit. Remember those boards were not welded or carved into the guitar, so therefore they were easily removed.

Just because yours doesn't have one in it right now does not mean it did not originally have one when it was made.

You should have at least a small hole near the Tone knob (unless it was filled in and the whole thing refinished, which is also not impossible for a guitar that is roughly 16 years old).

The only production Jacksons that did not have a Tone knob were the ones that only had one knob. If it had 2 knobs, one was a Tone.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, thanks there's a couple of good points you made there. In the '92 catalogue the picture shows no micro switch from what I can see which is what made me even more curious. http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...92-2Page07.htm

Comment

Interesting. I thought they stopped making them in 91.

That pic's a bit blurry: under "Controls" it looks like it says "Volume, No Control, 6 Pair Jewels"

Learn something new everyday around this place
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

oh, thanks ron!
              seems like I missed something...

I really dig the slanted PUs on warriors. lovely!!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I too thought they stopped making the Warrior Pro in '91. If you look close at the description and the pic of the '92 catalog, note that it has 3 Reflex Silver Series pickups (you can see the white 'Reflex' imprinted on the pickups). Perhaps that would be a reason the mini-switch is gone.

I've never seen a Warrior Pro with Reflex pickups in it!

Speiro, what pickups are in yours??

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog
                  I too thought they stopped making the Warrior Pro in '91. If you look close at the description and the pic of the '92 catalog, note that it has 3 Reflex Silver Series pickups (you can see the white 'Reflex' imprinted on the pickups). Perhaps that would be a reason the mini-switch is gone.

I've never seen a Warrior Pro with Reflex pickups in it!

Speiro, what pickups are in yours??
                  Pups had been changed on mine, it's got SD's on it, sounds great

Comment

Working...
                  X