Truss rod adjustment tool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod adjustment tool...

What sort of tool do I need for adjusting the Truss rod on my SL2H-MAH? Looks like I need an allen wrench of some sort, anyone know the measurements off the top of their head?

3/16" for sure.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
      3/16" for sure.
      Cheers. I'll borrow one from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
        Cheers. I'll borrow one from work.
        Did this work. Are all custom shop and USA Jacksons 3/16 allen key ? Why not include it in the case?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
          Did this work. Are all custom shop and USA Jacksons 3/16 allen key ? Why not include it in the case?
          thanks
          It should be included in the case, unless it's used and the seller didn't provide it. Otherwise, call the shop and have them send you one.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hi
            I bought a 3/16 (after trying every allen key I have - seems like I have every size BUT that one) and I can't get it to fit .
            The next 'popular' size down is 5/32 which fits, has good resistance, but is definitely too lose and not the right one.

Then I started shaving down the tip of the 3/16 key with a dremel to make the end of the key smaller so it would be easier to get started.
            It still won't go down deep enough to work...

Conclusion - stripped - in some special way just to make me ... insane.

Then I tried another Guitar (both are custom shop soloists) this one it was obvious when removing the truss cover that no one has ever adjusted it there was paint touching the truss bolt (just overspray)
            I couldn't get the 3/16 to fit.

WTF is going on? 4mm is too small 5mm too big - just below 3/16 (12/64) is 11/64 maybe I'll try that or buy the stewmac stripped truss rod tool.

I have a lot of guitars I need to setup after moving to a diff climate.

Any experience with 3/16 NOT fitting a USA or custom shop Jackson?

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X