What pots are stock in a KE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pots are stock in a KE2

About 4 months ago I replaced the SD pickups with an 81 and 85. I also had to change the stock pots to 25K. When I did this I put all the original stuff in a bag. Well I was going to put the SD's back in but I noticed in the bag I have a 250k and a 500k. I know they are the ones I pulled out of the guitar. Does it matter which one is used for tone or volume? I thought the pots in a KE2 were both 500k (1V 1T and 3way). can someone confirm what the KE2's come with. Does it just matter what value the volume pot is sense the tone is just bleeding the cap to ground? Thanks for any help/info on this

Dave

I would say that the 500K is for the Volume control. The 250K would be for the tone. It matters more that the volume is 500K especially for humbuckers.

Hope this helps!
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic
      I would say that the 500K is for the Volume control. The 250K would be for the tone. It matters more that the volume is 500K especially for humbuckers.

Hope this helps!
      Thanks and yes it does help. Thats what I was thinkg as well

Comment

yes ,
        250 for tone and 500 for volume

Comment

Originally posted by ilbianconero
          yes ,
          250 for tone and 500 for volume
          +1000 Correct
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
            +1000 Correct
            +1001 + pic strait out of my KE-2.

MOSH ON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Yes 500k for vol but try a 500k in the tone too it gives more room for varience in tone.The tone cap is very important as well it will bleed off highs to a degree but a high quality cap such as a Hovland or Mallory will give you a more transparent or open tone letting more of the pickups dynamics come thru.You can also use a group of transistors called an "A"frame to help keep your tone from getting muddy when you back off the vol.
              All pots will vary in output a little so use the higher value for vol.Standard CTS 500k will range from 480-510k
              Last edited by straycat; 08-08-2006, 03:06 AM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a question. Exactly which mallory caps does jackson use in a kv2 for volume and tone?

Comment

Jackson uses a std ceramic disc cap 022 value but if you can get a Mallory or some other oil and paper cap it would be better.
                  Check ebay for caps tons of them to chose from and cheap.
                  I use rsguitarworks and Martin Six String Customs for pot wiring harnesses.Top quality pots and caps IMO.
                  Whatever you pulled out would be fine I'm sure the original cap is still there.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thx straycat!

Comment

wow, a 6-year-old threadsurrection! Nice!
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Where the hell have you been DT?
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Hey, Twitchy! Been lurking around, just not posting much.
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                            Hey, Twitchy! Been lurking around, just not posting much.
                            Same here. Im pretty much Mr. Mom now. I have so much time on the net now that Im bored with it. Is it taboo to derail a resurrected thread?
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Nah, the question was sufficiently answered already.

I've been spending less time online now that I'm working again finally.
                              Spend most of my online time browsing CL or on my Shredders Forum.
                              I still always come here though. My favorite peeps are here.
                              Last edited by DalyTek; 03-03-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X