Fake Charvels/Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Charvels/Jacksons

I've heard there are fake Charvels (and Jacksons) being sold, especially online.. What I want to know is:
    How do I know I'm holding a fake? It would kill me if I found out my Charvel was a fake, I don't think it is, but how do I know?

Thanks in advance
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

They're all fake, there's actually no charvel or Jackson. You're in the Teilight Zone right now

(Take above as a joke Only)
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

What is your charvel?? Pics serial, Bolt ons are easy to fake, but Neck thrus are reallya waste, to hard

Comment

Stick around here long enough, read enough posts, and you'll learn all you need to know.

(Seriously, there's no simple "look for x" answer.)

Comment

look out for logos handwritten in magic marker. That's a sure sign...
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hmm, now I'm even more confused.. I thought a fake Charvel was a guitar not produced by the company.. But now my head is spinning lol..
            Yeah, I've got a lot to learn, I just bought my first Charvel.
            What exactly IS a fake Charvel then? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I know there's been some legal disagreements between Charvel and Jackson over the years, and I'm wondering if maybe that's got something to do with it?

Somebody educate me! hehe

Comment

Also if your Neck plate is made out of a cracker it probally a fake

Comment

wow Um

People build parts guitars and Some Loser/Dumbasses try to pass them off as Real charvel Jacksons

Comment

Ok, well they have a Charcel exactly like mine at the local guitar shop, so I seriousely doubt mine is a fake.. I guess I could post a pic if anyone's interested..? Please bear with me, I'm new here

Comment

If you wanna emaila pic I can host and put it up

[email protected]

Also We're just having fun, Not making fun of you

Comment

Post pics... front and back.
                      -Rick

Comment

fake charvels are the ones i don't own

Comment

Post some pics of your Charvel and the experts should be able to tell if it's real or fake. What do you have?

Comment

The real $$ is in faking Hondo's

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                              but I know there's been some legal disagreements between Charvel and Jackson over the years, and I'm wondering if maybe that's got something to do with it?
                              You've been misinformed. They are two sides of the same company, not two companies in partnership. Charvels were initially the hotrodded super strat type dealio, Jacksons were the state-of-the-art neckthru headcutting machine. Charvel then became the import arm and Jackson remained US. Then Jackson imports were introduced and gradually the Charvel imports disappeared. Now Charvel appears to be getting back to what they do, which is offering a kickass hotrodded guitar to compliment the high-gain pointy Jacksons. They rarely cross over into each other's territory
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X