How are the Jackson JS series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the Jackson JS series?

Hi just wanted to know how are the Jackson JS series? Do you guys know where it is made from?

I know i am looking at the lowest grade of guitars made by Jackson ...

My first Jackson was a JS1, made in Taiwan if I remember correctly. It was my fourth guitar, yet I didn't feel that I was settling for a low-end instrument. I never had any problems with it, and it's what turned me on to the Jackson brand. I believe they are currently made in India.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't mind Taiwan but ... India i am realy skeptic ..

Comment

I don't really know where they're made.. but. I think the playability of the JS series is the worst part about it. The pups, not that great either. But, it's totally okay for it's price.
        äss howl

Comment

For £150, I don't snub the JS-1. The build and tonal quality is still better than that of other big name brands.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

i have a JS20 which i bought for $200 new. It out played the other guitars in its class I thought, but I was new to guitars at the time so what do i know.

It would never stay in tune, but I attribute that to my piss poor string winding job and my custom ghetto nut filing job. I put a JB in the bridge and the guitar sang like a monster.

Comment

well it is a fulcrum point two trem on the js1 and js20.. they're not bad for the money though. construction is certainly better than bc rich imports costing 4 times as much.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

So would it make a good base for customizing it? One could think of it as getting a finished body and neck for about $200-250.
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

A MIJ JS30 is a great platform.I had one and put in two Duncans a JB and Distortion.The low buck trem worked flawlessly great guitar IMO.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                    A MIJ JS30 is a great platform.
                    I want to point out here that the model straycat is referring to is a 2 hum Dinky model called "JS30" and was available only briefly (2002-3). It is one of the few JS models made at the Japanese factory, and can be identified by a serial number starting with 9 (probably 96 or 97).

The current JS "shape" series are made in India out of cedro bodies and (in the US market) feature JT-390 string-through bridges. I was excited about these models when they first came out, and I still believe they'd make a good starter or project guitar....keeping in mind the hardware is quite cheap.

There is a very extensive thread where I reviewed these back at NAMM '04 - if you just put JS30 review into the quick Search box you'd find it....

Here it is: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4552
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I read that thread, I still could not draw any consensus from the reviews. Has anyone here taken a MII and upgraded it with quality components? What was the final review using a MII as a base?
                      Just a guitar player...

Comment

I bought a few weeks back a JS30 Kelly... I also own an Ibanez RG7620, an ESP LTD M207 and a Charvel model 4... My cheapo JS30 Kelly plays as easily as the other and the look and finish is very good.

The pickups may sound a bit cheap depending on your amp rig but this is an easy swap. Don't be worry about the price or the country it's being made. I love mine so much i want to get a JS30 KingV now.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

There are some MII DK 6s IIRC with a natural finish that look quite nice.With an equipment upgrade they should be OK.The fret work on the MII guitars is pretty shoddy but get your file out and fix that.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

From my experience, I would avoid them- just get an X series, or if you got the money, a DXMG(or other MG series and Pro, which are more expensive still)__

Comment

I was thinking of getting the X or MG series but all are floyd rose tremelo equip, and i wanted to either get the Rhoads or King V Shape

Comment

Working...
                              X