"Exact Jake E Lee replica for sale"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Exact Jake E Lee replica for sale"

"Body and neck are from a real 1974 Fender hardtail Strat. The body is alder and is fairly light weight. The neck is 1 5/8" at the nut and is a very small neck (like Jake's). It's fretted with Gibson style jumbo frets, and the headstock is cut down to the small head. It's got old Gotoh blact tuners with pearl buttons. It's got a three bolt Fender neck plate, a correct style black bridge with chrome saddles. The pickups are two Dimarzio SDS-1s, and a WCR Shredder (the worlds best JB), and has a CTS pot, and CRL switch. The finish is pro and all the work was done by me, so no expense was spared to make this guitar. The guitar has a G&G blond hard case. The cash only price on this dream guitar is $800 firm and it's worth every penny. If you are a jake fan you won't find a better copy any where."

Everybody remember this ad? I jumped and "scored" it?

Well...here's living, breathing proof that if it seems like it's too good a deal to be true, run the fuck away.

"Body and neck are from a real 1974 Fender hardtail Strat."

Tokai neck and unknown body, crappy build quality and fret job...I got hosed. The best thing about it is the case.

RoyB, thank you so very much for that.
    [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Re: \"Exact Jake E Lee replica for sale\"

Damn Chuck, sorry to hear that. I remember the ad very well. I hate it when people do that shit.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

"I don't know wether to laugh or cry, so I'll sit here with this fucked up look on my face..."

I think that's a movie quote...not sure.

Comment

same remark as in the classifieds..

"WTF.. and that from a guitar repairman?

Can't the board put some pressure to force a refund from the seller.. I mean, he is professionally involved in this business, or am I not correct informed?"

Comment

I'm not sure about the relationship between Mr. Ray Bowen, this guitar, and RS Guitarworks. Ray is half of RS Guitarworks, but I understood this to be Ray's personal guitar.

Pressure is already being applied...

Comment

What's the guitar really worth?
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              What's the guitar really worth?

[/ QUOTE ] The sum of the parts? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Probably more parted out and described properly, no? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] This blows, I feel for ya Chuck.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's BS...sorry to hear this Chuck...hopefully he will step up, be a man, and do the right thing, otherwise he's messing with the wrong board!
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The sum of the parts? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Probably more parted out and described properly, no? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] This blows, I feel for ya Chuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Duh! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I guess I should have asked, "What are the sum of the parts?" Is it $200.00 or $600.00? I still like the look of the guitar and almost jumped on it myself.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Hmm, now I understand more about the ebay thread for the 88 seafoam soloist and what you came up with there. I would have done the same. That sucks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      The sum of the parts? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Probably more parted out and described properly, no? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] This blows, I feel for ya Chuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Duh! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I guess I should have asked, "What are the sum of the parts?" Is it $200.00 or $600.00? I still like the look of the guitar and almost jumped on it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. think about it. The neck was refretted poorly and the headstock cutdown ..and its not even a Fender neck which means it most likely has more than 3 neck plate screw holes in it, the body is a no name (certainly not a Fender). Even parting it out would be tough. My guess is that Chuck will be getting a full refund and we will have 2 new banned ass's. Its comforting to know that the admins are on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

even though it says that the headstock was shaved down, that could also be BS to cover up the fact that it wasn't a fender headstock, and may look a little different?

i dunno man, but from what i can see so far, the jcf has it's own ed roman.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

He is online right now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ...and we will have 2 new banned ass's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is #2?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Really sorry to hear this, Chuck. Utter [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] .

Comment

Working...
                              X