• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interaction with members.

Thread I'm speaking of,

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...c=1#Post553635

Okay, this is the story.

On Sept 16th, I saw the Deluxe strat for sale. I own several guitars, but I've always had a hankerin to buy more Strats. At the time, I had 540$ to blow on something. I didn't want to insult anyone with my offer, so I just posted, that at the moment, I don't have the cash, but would like it.

So, I posted a thread in the classifieds, saying "wtb American Fender Stratocaster." I put my cards on the table (that I've got 540$ to play with.)

Someone posted, about Fritz's Strat (my reply to their comment, can be see in my wtb section thread.) I mentioned, that I didn't have what he was asking. I then PMed him. I told him, that I would like to offer him 540$, and that if he didn't like it, that was fine, I can totally understand.

On 9-20-05, I got the read receipt back, and a reply from him, saying that he wouldn't be able to do that, that he was going to list the guitar on eBay, and if it didn't sell for what he wanted, he would list it on the JCF with a lower price.

I told him, that I would like a link, that I would gladly bid, or pay more for it by payday. I received the read receipt for it, but no reply.

I then checked the classifieds, to check my thread, and I noticed there were 5 replies to the Strat thread of Fritz's. I checked it out.

The guitar went from 599, to 525... Now wait, just 2 days prior, I offered 540$, and even said Iw ould pay more, in a few days.

It had been sold to someone else.

I want to express, there were no concrete contracts, or anything implied that he would sell it to me.

In plain words, why would someone sell something, to someone else, when I had more cash in hand, prior to the date of sale, than the ended up selling it for?

The only message, I can get out of this, is my money is not good enough.

I am told by one of the JCF admins, Tekky, that people will not agree with my way of thinking.

I think this is common sense,

You have something for sale, you get an offer, you turn it down, if you're going to lower the price, wouldn't it make sense, to contact the person who offered MORE than you sold it for? A, it would have been a guaranteed sale, and B, it would have been immediate.

I'm not saying he has an obligation to honor my offer at all. It just seems rather obtuse, to refuse a HIGHER OFFER OF PAY IMMEDIATELY for a lower offer of pay, 2 days down the line.

I understand, it's a capitolist system, and it's his to sell, and set the price on. However, I feel slighted. This is also the feedback section, and I feel it's okay to let people know about these things.

Anyone who has dealt with me, can tell you, I'm a class act. I pack well, I ship fast, and I return all communications in a very speedy manor. Almost all of my transactions have been higher dollar transactions, and I've even done trades on the boards. Yeah, I'm an opinionated prick, but by no means, am I a bad person, a bad Jcfer, or a bad person to deal with.

Re: Interaction with members.

I can understand you being upset but he never sold you anything. Since a transaction never took place I am not sure I see the problem? Other than he screwed himself.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A few extra $$$ doesn't always make up for the additional overhead of doing business with some people. This thread pretty much proves that point.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I hate to say this, but it's just wood and strings. No reason to get upset. It's just a strat, they made thousands of them that year.

Things change from day to day, week to week. If you would have seen his lowered price first and contacted him, you might own the guitar. Keeping track of PMs and offers is not always an easy task. It's much easier to just post your new price and sell to the person who wants to pay. Bottom line is that the guitar sold.

Plus, it's his guitar. This isn't Ebay (like that would matter)

I will also add that I've dealt with you before and you were a fast pay. Very easy deal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          A few extra $$$ doesn't always make up for the additional overhead of doing business with some people. This thread pretty much proves that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean some people? I pay quick, and I am quick to return posts/pms/emails.

I try not to waste anyone's time, and I try to do everything as smooth as possible. Basically, it comes down to being lied to.

Maybe I shouldn't have said a word about it, and should have just shut my mouth. Yeah, it's wood, and strings, and I've moved on, I wanted an explination, as to why my cash wasn't as good.

That's all. I'm not bad to deal with, trust me, I know I'm not, I try and see everything through until the end.

I shouldn't be bent out over it, and I should just figure, if he didn't want my money, he is the one who lost out, not me.

Comment

Deneb, PM sent.

Comment

I understand the story, but I still don't understand.....
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Not to say either one of you is right or wrong, but looking at it from his side, if I was selling a guitar and I had turned down at least one offer below my asking price (and no telling how many others he got as well), I'm not sure that I would contact people when I decided to lower my price either. In a way I would feel like I might be "badgering" them, so I might be inclined to just list my ammended price in the classifieds as well. Again, not saying either one of you is right or wrong, just trying to help you to see what might be going through his head at the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm gonna chime in one more time, then this topic is going to be like a fart in the wind. First, I don't know Fritzreiser from Fritz the Cat. But I will tell you this, I politely informed him that I wanted to pay by personal check and that he could check my references. The guy didn't bat an eye and said "yes!" He was even going to ship the damn thing prior to payment. That's a huge chance for him to take. He took it and that means a whole lot to me.

I'll be damned if I'm going to fight anyones battles, but I just don't think he intentionally tried to poke you in the bunghole. I'd be willing to bet that he forgot, overlooked, whateverthefuck, and you got the short end of the stick. Did you think to approach this ordeal from that avenue?

Personally, I think the sale got blown out of porportion. You would have thought I had just bought Big Red and painted the damn thing PINK! (you know you want to laugh Budman). How about giving Fritzmeister a chance to explain (preferably by PM) and let's move on.

Group hug ya bastids!
                  "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You would have thought I had just bought Big Red and painted the damn thing PINK! (you know you want to laugh Budman).

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ya got me, ya bastid....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      You would have thought I had just bought Big Red and painted the damn thing PINK! (you know you want to laugh Budman).

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ya got me, ya bastid....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I bought an amp once from Fritz and he was very cool about it. Your offer must have slipped his mind or something.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but it pissed me off.

Now I cannot access the classifieds, so I'm guessing I'm banned from them. I do nothing wrong, and this is what happens, maybe they are being updated, but I'd be willing to guess, that I'm denied access.

I've been a member here, and conducted sales, and bought things from members. I'm a stand up member, whom no one has EVER had a classifieds related complaint about, and it seems like, I'm on the bad side of whatever is going on.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and maybe I'm thinking too much about it, and then again, maybe something is going on with them.

I think if there was a decision to move me from the classifieds, it was a poor one, as I've NEVER EVER EVER wronged anyone on this board. Money, and time are 2 very important things to people, and I'd never want to chance it with either of those, that aren't mine.

As this is a feedback forum, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single solitary complaint against me, for a transaction I've done. And again, as it is a feedback forum, I'm allowed to post factual information that I can back up.

The above statements are what they are, they are facts from my side of the fence. If I was allowed to post Pms, I would do so, however, to be in compliance with the JCF rules, I am not permitted to do so, so I hope that you can take my word for it.

Maybe, in the end, it wasn't cool for me to voice my opinion on it, but I know that if most of you had this happen, you'd be just as pissed off as I was, admin and member alike. What happened would bother most people here.

You would probably be fuming over it too. Now, my question is, why do I feel punished, for "going public" with a shitty "near" transaction.

I feel slighted, and I was angry. Now I'm over that part, and am more concerned with my JCF membership. I enjoy coming here, and I don't want to jeopardize that. I still do feel, it is my right, and hell, my obligation, to post feedback, especially in the negative sense, when things go awry.

I concede the fact, that we had no agreement, none expressed or implied, so please don't think there was. It just seems retarded to me, to turn down more money, and sell it for less.

After all, he does have the right to turn down my money, and accept someone else's, and that is fine, and I understand that, but I would at least like to know why my offer wasn't considered.

Anyway, I wanted to post my thoughts on the matter, as it seems some people are mad at me, and some support me (I've got a few pm's saying they support me).

Management, if you're mad, I'm sorry, but I don't feel I did anything wrong. If you did limit my access to the classifieds, I ask you, please let me have it back. I've been a stand up member, and have NEVER wronged, a single person on these boards, and I never plan on it.

Thank you.

Comment

I would pm an admin with any concerns over the classifieds access. Don't assume anything. Hear it from the source.
                          Scott

Comment

I've dealt with Fritz before and he is A#1 in my book. I would deal with him again. From what I 've read here it seems Fritz had a sure thing with someone else and a maybe with you so he did the smart thing. And the guy who bought it did offer it to you cause he's got strats up the a-- so I see no wrong doing.You didn't have the $$$ so the seller took the $$$ from someone else. Thats how I see it anyway.

Comment

I simply will say this, if given the chance to deal with one person on this board in a sale or financial transaction, that person would be Fritz. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X