Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what happened to OFFRAMPMOTEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what happened to OFFRAMPMOTEL?

We did a pickup set trade last week I sent out my Seymour Duncan Jazz and Duncan Distortion pu on 8/22 and he was sending out the EMG set that same day. A week goes by and I started sending PM's and called a few times and no response, and worse yet no EMG's....

I don't want to start assuming the worst, but has anyone dealt with him, and/or know if he was going away for a week or something? He never told me anything other than he was sending out the pickups on 8/22 from PA and I live in FL.

Re: Anyone know what happened to OFFRAMPMOTEL?

I checked out his profile, looks like he hasn't posted since around the 17th, up till then he was posting almost a few times a day, for a while before that. His webpage link says account is dead, and for me his avatar is a no show. Who knows what happened?
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Damn... I call and just get his voicemail/answering machine. Usually people check their messages remotely when they are away, don't they? Or is that just me?

Comment

Personally, I've never checked my messages while I'm out of town.

Hope everything ends up working out.

Comment

I sold him a Model 2 about a year ago and the deal went smoothly. I remember he was in the military. Maybe that has something to do with his sudden disappearance. Hope all works out.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'm sure everything will work out fine, just a little concerned thats all. I've never had a JCF deal gone sour, so I'm sure this will be ok.

Comment

Still waiting to hear from him, still no EMG's...

Comment

<font color="aqua">Damn, Kev, I'm sorry to hear this, bro. Hopefully this works out soon? I think I may have an EMG you can have if this falls through for you [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  <font color="aqua">Damn, Kev, I'm sorry to hear this, bro. Hopefully this works out soon? I think I may have an EMG you can have if this falls through for you [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This place rules...too many cool and generous people 'round here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Still waiting to hear from him. Im sure there is a reasonable explanation, but getting doubtful as days goes by. To be fair to him, he hasn't been on JCF since the deal was supposed to have taken place. Maybe he was deployed for the would be Hurricane Katrina a few days prior? Hummmmmm...

Comment

Thanks Dave for the generous offer, I will wait and see if OFFRAMPMOTEL gets in touch. Im not really in any hurry I just don't want to get ripped off.

Comment

Still seems to be among the missing a month later...

Comment

Man this is wierd. I bought some EMG's off of him last year and all went smooth as can be. I hope nothing serious happened. I hope it all works out for you.
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Maybe someone in the nearby PA area can check in on him or get more info on his situation. Not suggesting a vigilante style 'checkup' or anything...just maybe a checkup to see if the guy is still alive n kicking at his stated place of residence. Ya know, grass mowed, newspapers taken in, mailbox not full, cars in driveway...even a knock on the door to see if someone answers. As we know happens sometimes, we can be breathing one day and dead the next or have gotten into personal situations where you end up in jail, hospital, etc..
                            You'd think he'd have access to his messages but sometimes people do not check them remotely. I know I have not done this for many years since I started using a cell. I've pretty much forgotten the sequence and the code.

Comment

Thanks for the idea Charvelguy, sounds like a good idea, too bad Im down in Florida lol, or I'd check in myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X