Dave Mustaine's amps during the 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine's amps during the 90s

does anybody know what gear he used during the 90s ?

Re: Dave Mustaine\'s amps during the 90s

he always used VHT 2150s then he went to Marshall 9200 Mono blocks w / EL34s poweramps...I think he used JMP-1 for a preamp for a little while..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really like his solo sound where it's as if he would slightly hit the wah to give it more thickness ... I don't know whether it's his preamp that gives him this sound or a multi effect

a good example of that is Holy Wars

Comment

This is a pic of the rig Dave's used during 1992.Something John will appreciate I believe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

anybody can tell what's in it ? I don't know half of the gear

Comment

Some of that from Bottom up:
            VHT2150 Power amp
            BBE422A
            CAE3+se Preamp
            Tubeworks (I believe) Real Tube Preamp
            Hush IIcx?
            Bradshaw/Rocktron RSB-18? Interface
            Yamaha SPX90? Not sure
            Next 2 I dunno what they are.
            Wireless unit
            Top 2 are power strip/protectors, one is a Furman.

Comment

do you know if he used like the CAE for rythm, leads or cleans or did he use the real tube for leads or something like that, or did he use it as back-up

Comment

Having owned a Real Tube, I'd say it was a doorstop, haha.. I really can't imagine why it is even in that rack. They are noisy, fuzzy, saggy, with no attack at all. A nice blues preamp.

I'd figure he used the CAE for most everything.

Comment

Gee, where's good ol' Vince Scamsevere when you need him? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He WAS the greatest roadie (not to mention CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND to DAVE Mustaine) of ALLLLLL time!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He owned half the stuff Dave used (according to HIM), didn't he?

Seriously though, didn't Dave use the Rocktron Prophecy w/Marshall monoblock poweramps for a bit in the mid-90's as well?

Comment

didn't he use a JMP-1 preamp for a awhile ...I swore he did..or still does...and doesn't he use a marshall 9200 monobloc after he got rid of the VHT 2150...to me that didn't really makes sense...because to my ears those EL34s series Monoblcocks sound nothing compared to the girth , headroom and clarity of a VHT with KT88s...why the change...I wonder what the reason for him to switch to Marsahll..

anyone know why.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Seriously though, didn't Dave use the Rocktron Prophecy w/Marshall monoblock poweramps for a bit in the mid-90's as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Sounds pretty good too.

Comment

Bill: Yeah,Dave used also the jmp1 with monoblock, during the second half of the 90s maybe.

Comment

He signed with Marshall to get free amps. And I'm told he had a lot of Monoblocs on tour with him as they broke all the time. Considering how they worke for me, I have to believe that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            didn't he use a JMP-1 preamp for a awhile ...I swore he did..or still does...and doesn't he use a marshall 9200 monobloc after he got rid of the VHT 2150...to me that didn't really makes sense...because to my ears those EL34s series Monoblcocks sound nothing compared to the girth , headroom and clarity of a VHT with KT88s...why the change...I wonder what the reason for him to switch to Marsahll..

anyone know why.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill it is possible he used the monoblock with the 5881's.

Comment

Not that I know of...I think he had the gay EL34s versions ...I dunno.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X