*slither* *hiss*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *slither* *hiss*

Say hi to my new project fellows. Well, its not really a project, but a damn nice USA JAckson with a few mods done by myself.

2001 SL2H SnakeSkin

Swapped out the Duncans and put in a Tone Zone in the bridge, and a Dimarzio Paf in the neck. The Tone Knob has been defeated and now has a Coil tap In/Out so I can split both pups. Sounds GREAT!

Put on Original Dimarzio Clip-loks, a no brainer.

Other then that, I got it from a fellow off the "Gear Forum", he gave me a great price on a mint guitar. the only MINOR issue is there is a small hairline crack in the ebony at the bottom two frets. The camera could not pick it up, and im not worried about it as it's small, and obviously just a small surface blemish.

I took all the hardware off and polished it up, and Lemon Oiled the fretboard. I strung it up with a set of Ernie Ball custom strings (52-10)

Right out of the case the action has been superb. Im not sure if the previous owner took care in oiling the fretboard, because I notice a few frets are sharp on the right end, possibly from raising?!? Minor issue as im taking it to a tech so that everything is perfect and seated right, just to be sure.

Theres one more addition on the way, im gonna put on black pearloid knobs for a "cooler" look, I think it will fit the theme pretty nicely. Anyhow, thats it for now, I'll be posting samples on the MP3 page in a few days!

Now, obviously it's a keeper, but I got it with the intention of down the road swapping for a trans green SL2H, or SL2HT. I may change my mind, as I really love the graphic, but I have ALWAYS wanted a trans green!

Here's some pictures that my friend let me put on his page...

Re: *slither* *hiss*

I'm not a big snakeskin fan (most jobs look really lame), but that one looks very organic and life-like.

Comment

Looks cool!

Comment

Most sweet. I've heard great thing about the Pups you put in there. That sucker must rip, looks great.

Comment

That is a very nice snakeskin. Congrats.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Cool snakeskin! Congrats!

Comment

Nice! The grey snakeskin looks great.

Comment

Pretty sweet looking IMO. I like snake skins any way.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Looks cool, especially with the zebras! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

thanks, I felt the zebra's would really add.

Some observations. Ive now owned 3 usa Jacksons, and this one with this pickup combo ROCKS! There was a thread a while back ago discussing neck-thru's sometimes being harder for harmoncis and such. With the Tone Zone and the Gain cranked, this thing squeals like a pig all day.

Ive got the action dialed in VERY low and im LOVING the neck on this one, its almsot a tad thinner then my older SL2H that I sold, but I now remember why I love Jackson necks. Wide and flat, compared to my older wolfgangs, I seem to be able to play thigns a lot cleaner, possibly due to my stubby fingers.

I may even hold off taking it to the tech, the way its playign right now, I cant see him improving things much!

Comment

looks weird with the zebras both the same way.

maybe im just crazy.

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        looks weird with the zebras both the same way.

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I thought too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! I'm the proud owner of an SL2H Snakeskin myself and couldn't be happier with it. Many thanks to Vwall!
                          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Awesome guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks very nice! I love the zebra's in this!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X