PCS 0015 is here PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS 0015 is here PICS

Thanks to Pat (starngletooth) for the ultra cool PCS Rhoads. I have spent the last few days getting it the way I wanted it. It had come as a player, and it will remain a player. Hardware was tarnished pretty badly. It had Dimarzio pickups and questionable wiring as illustrated in the following photo.

I started by taking it all apart and polishing the brass with Brasso. The pickguard has some divots in it from a previous owner, but the Tarnish is gone pretty much. I didn't want a museum piece because it will be played and NOT glass cased.

I replaced the Dimarzios with a f-spaced JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck that I got from Ron(Rhmsc8). I replaced the mis-matched volume pots with some outta my stash and went over all othe solder joints and fixed botched wiring where needed.

It looks and sonds killer for my needs. I don't mind the Duncan logos on the pickups, although I don't think they are correct for a PCS.

Here is the finished product.

Thanks again Pat! You rock!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: PCS 0015 is here PICS

Dammit Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great Scott! I used Brasso to clean up my JCF01, that stuff works great. That thing is sweet!!

Comment

That's awesome man! I'm glad you got her...I know she'll be well taken care of in your killer RR collection! I never realized that the PCS RR's had the added pickguard screw in the middle of the plate like the newer RR's....I would have thought they would have only done the 3 perimeter screws....
        Nice man! Now we just need some action shots of this beast getting played live!

- Joel
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

you can use brasso to take the duncan logos off if you're so inclined. bret (slo100) swears by it.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Looks nice. I love the way the PCS sharkies look.

Comment

Very nice!!! It's always great to see a Jackson guitar restored to glory!
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Tony and John: Thanks for the compliments!

Joel: Thanks man. She is home at last! I love the string thrus. At one time I couldn't get my hands on one. Now I am up to 4 string thrus RR's and 1 Floyded.

Jon: Thanks for the suggestion, but the logos are a non-issue for me.

Sworn_Enemy and Jani: Thank you!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Killer Scott!
                  Congrats!

Comment

very cool..congrats..she cleaned up nicely
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

yes, like the others said.. awesome guitar, congrats!
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Awesome piece there,Stuka...Hope to get one some day...Was looking over pics of Randy's yesterday,his has the extra screw in the pick guard as well,probably why the PCS has one..
                        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

<font color="aqua"> Killer, Scott! It's looks absolutley stunning and just oozes "play me"! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks guys! It has great action and the neck is unlike a standard RR. It feels wider to me although I didn't measure it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Scott

Comment

Sweet!! Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X