my pair of PC-1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pair of PC-1s

hi. thought i'd share my two main stage guitars with you. the first is my solar PC-1. i've been using it since 2002, i think. it's #5174. it has been modded pretty hard. the sustainer died, so it has a duncan custom custom in the bridge, the dimarzio HS-2 in the middle and a dimarzio YJM in the neck position. all the sustainer circuitry has been disconnected, as has the tone knob. so all that functions is the volume and the five way.

the second is my euphoria (courtesy of Shawn). this guitar is a 1999 model, #5000. it's pretty much stock, except i changed the bridge pickup to a dimarzio PAFpro.

here's a pic of the 2 together:

i LOVE these guitars. next up is a chlorine with the strathead!!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: my pair of PC-1s

Very nice..... I love mine, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

MD:

When you changed the Dimarzio Super 3 on the Euphoria PC1 for the Dimarzio PAF Pro, was it hard to reconect the Sustainer system? Did you had a tech do the job or did you do it yourself?

Comment

WOW!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          MD:

When you changed the Dimarzio Super 3 on the Euphoria PC1 for the Dimarzio PAF Pro, was it hard to reconect the Sustainer system? Did you had a tech do the job or did you do it yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did it myself. it wasn't hard, just stressful. the pickup needs to be connected to a small black plug that attaches to the cicuit board. i was afraid i was gonna break it. i just cut the plug pretty far back, and hooked it to the pickup. it doesn't look nice and shrink wrapped like the factory connection, but it gets the job done. on a side note, i've changed pickups so much in the solar that i eventually screwed up the connector plug. i had to get a replacement. i ended up using one from a cordless phone battery!!!! of course that was while the sustainer still worked!!!

DJM - thanks!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]Beautiful, just absolutely beautiful! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

What the hell was I thinking? Very nice Mark. See you soon I hope.

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nice guitars! That solar finish is fantastic.

Comment

Yes,Yes,Yes......Those are great finishes

Comment

Very nice, I should have grabbed that Euphoria from Shawn when he had it up. A question are the sustainer systems prone to crapping out. I have seen a few older ones for sale, and they always address the sustainer system, as "still working" or whatever condition it's in. I ask because you never see guitar with JB in bridge JB still works.
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

PC1's. Yeah! My sustainer is still working fine after 2 years.

Also put a SD Custom 5 in mine. Sounds much better than the original pup and has better sustain. I have so much sustain that I never use the sustainer.

Blocked the Floyd Rose and it also improved tone and sustain.

At first I found these guitars harder to play than most other guitars until I got use to it. Now I it feels easier to me to play even compared to the Warrior and Charvel that I have.

After a bunch of years and guitars I have found I am a bolt on guy and prefer bolt on guitars - I think it has something to do with the heigth and position of the fretboard compared to the body. Just feels more comfortable for my hand and arm positions.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Very nice, I should have grabbed that Euphoria from Shawn when he had it up. A question are the sustainer systems prone to crapping out. I have seen a few older ones for sale, and they always address the sustainer system, as "still working" or whatever condition it's in. I ask because you never see guitar with JB in bridge JB still works.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the sustainer in the solar was doing this weird thing where it would squeal between notes when in was on the feedback setting (the only setting i use). the euphoria is starting to do it now. i am wondering if that is just what the sustainers do. i don't have the intensity knob all the way up, the driver is up pretty close to the strings. i can't figure it out!!! all i know is that if i hit the driver/pickup it stops the whining.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Try backing the sustainer off a little. I mean screw the actual pickup mounting down a bit, so it's not so close to the strings. That might help.

Killer guitars, BTW. I can't wait until my new PC1 comes.

Comment

<font color="aqua">very nice guitars there, Mark!!- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

thanks dave!!

shreddermon - yeah i'll rty that. thanks!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X