My first Jackson with EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Jackson with EMG's

I have 5 Jackson USA's, but this is the first one with EMG 81's. The guy was selling it fairly cheap ($1,100), not a scratch on it, looks like it was never played. This is the pearl white RR1 with pinstripes (street price of about $2,200 new).

Wife and kids got it for Father's Day. Of course, they knew I was going to buy it anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The EMG's work very well for some of our heavier stuff. Here is a pic of me playing the day after I got it: Jackson RR1 live shot

Now I just need to learn the subtleties of playing with EMG's after 20 years of passive pickups.

Re: My first Jackson with EMG\'s

Sweet Axe!!!! I have 3 RR1's and I love them!!!!!! And that has to be the best Fathers Day present I have ever seen!!!! You are a lucky man!!Congrats and EMG's rule [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a white RR1 the same way for fathers day. They hid it when it was delivered and I almost had a stroke.

Mine is a 1992, pure white (no pinstripes). It has the Jackson J80 / J90C with active electornic.

If you have a guitar with these pickups, how do the EMG's sound in comparison? I don't want to rip out the stock electronics, but I may do an EMG setup in one of my other Jacksons. I've had an EMG81 sitting new in the box for 15 years.

Comment

Well all my other guitars have stock Seymour TB4's or Duncan Distortions. The EMG seems to have a more compressed (tighter) tone with a bit more bottom and a bit more gain. Good for Metallica stuff.

And I definitely seem to be able to get pinch harmonics easier too. I wouldn't want them on all my guitars, but so far I'm digging the 81's on the RR1.

Comment

Nice RR, congrats! I checked out your band's site, you guys get hooked up with some sweet gigs (Nugent, Winger,etc.)
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Nice RR, congrats! I checked out your band's site, you guys get hooked up with some sweet gigs (Nugent, Winger,etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, yeah we've been lucky on the gig front. The pic on this thread is from a gig we did this past Saturday with Bret Michaels, Skid Row, Slaughter, etc. More pics are here: Waterstock

We're doing a show with Great White in July. Guess sometimes it pays to live in a small city in the midwest...but mostly it sucks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have that same guitar with the original Duncans in it. Congrats on the sweet score!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Guess sometimes it pays to live in a small city in the midwest...but mostly it sucks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cost of living is cheaper = more money for guitars

Some pic's of mine I bought from Siggy14

http://community.webshots.com/album/361637769SJvgSV?450

Comment

There's nothing like a Rhoads ,Perfect Fathers Day present,You better get them something good for X-mas.

Comment

all my guitars are emgs. One Ibanez is 89-89 but all the others are 81-89. not a fan of passive pick-ups at all

Comment

That is a nice one. If I still did the V thing, I think I would own one by now! EMGs are a no brainer, I have a number of guitars with them and could not be happier (including a '89 KV!).
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks, yeah we've been lucky on the gig front. The pic on this thread is from a gig we did this past Saturday with Bret Michaels, Skid Row, Slaughter, etc. More pics are here: Waterstock

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was gonna say that's a good-sized crowd there. I noticed the poser horns immediately! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, I was gonna say that's a good-sized crowd there. I noticed the poser horns immediately! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think this pic was taken right at the end of For Whom The Bell Tolls, so the horns just seemed like the right thing to do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

No, not you! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In the crowd! Notice all the thumbs sticking out? Poser horns. It means "I love you" in sign language. hahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome! I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X