Got tierd of my RR1......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got tierd of my RR1......

I mean' i really like the guitar, its sounds great, the neck is awesome, built to last
    the one thing that really annoys me is the shape, i thought i'll get used to it after a couple of weeks, but after 6 months, i still cant play it properly sitting down
    everytime i wanna play i need put my leg on a stupid stool
    its so uncomfortable!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    i really made a huge mistake buying this guitar

and as my only guitar right now im very frustrated [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    plus - the case is huge!! everywhere i go to play i need to drag this huge case, cant get it into a car trunk
    and it barely fits the backseat, its just so friggin HUGE!

I payd a fortune on this guitar
    the prices here are higher than the list price and the cheapest you can get jackson guitars here is the list price
    I regret on buying this guitar insted of a soloist or a dinky, they are cheaper here

dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining on the guitar
    I'm just pissed that i made the wrong decision
    and havent picked up a soloist or a dinky instead

sorry, just had to spill it out

still love jacksons, THEY RULE! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Got tierd of my RR1......

Sorry you dislike the RR shape. It is my favorite Jackson guitar. I have four and a fifth in transit now. Try to find someone locally to do a trade with. That would be the easiest thing to do.

Where in Israel are you from? I took r&r twice in Haifa back in the 80's. Had a great time.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'll trade you for my Crimson Swirl DK2 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Straight up though...I can't afford to spend any money on a guitar right now...

Maybe he'll fall for it...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck in finding the guitar for you. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

How do you play it sitting down ? I own one too and don't need a stool, have you tried sitting real straight and "at the depths' of your seat so to speak and rest the lower horn of the RR on the seat ? It's really comfortable (for me at least), hope that helps... I too dislike the size of the case, a real hassle if you have to move it 3 times a week, so I got a Warwick Randy Rhoads Rockbag, built to last too, and much much easier to walk around with.

Comment

Ah brother, that's why I had to sell mine. Couldn't take that huge case on the train and whatnot. So, I had to sell her (which I regret) and buy a strat shaped guitar. BUT...I'm thinkin of selling her (the strat), picking up a SL1 and then buyin another Rhoads. Dude, if the prices are that insane, why not check out one of our dealers on the board? They'll cut you a HUGE discount compared to payin list price. Even with taxes/duties/shippping, it'll probably still be less than list. Check out onlinestageger or mattsmusic, I'm sure they'll help ya out when your ready to spend some $ on a soloist. There are also the classifieds, once your a full member, maybe someone'll hook ya up with that soloist your in need for. Anyhoo, good luck with that

Comment

i'll send you a dkmgt and a dr-7 for it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

I'll take 'er off your hands, free of charge! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                How do you play it sitting down ? I own one too and don't need a stool, have you tried sitting real straight and "at the depths' of your seat so to speak and rest the lower horn of the RR on the seat ? It's really comfortable (for me at least), hope that helps... I too dislike the size of the case, a real hassle if you have to move it 3 times a week, so I got a Warwick Randy Rhoads Rockbag, built to last too, and much much easier to walk around with.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah' i tried it all, i dont say i cant play the guitar at all, its just annoying to position yourself and your guitar every time you wanna play, my playing depends on the height of seat Im sitting on, and my performance is way better on a regular strat shaped guitars
                if it wasn't my only guitar i would probably keep it

and yeah the case is horribly huge but this is not my main problem, i know i can fix that

finding a person who will trade with me here for a dinky or a soloist would be hard, most people play egular shaped guitar and are not going for v shaped guitar from the same reasons you see me complaine here, so lets say that i found one, he will not necesseraly go for it after he tries it
                i'll try to contact the dealer and ask if i can replace this guitar with something else
                they are making a great profit here becuse my guitar costs 30 perent more than the other usa jackson there in the store
                and they already have my money

guitar condition is 9.8 out of 10
                i think it is a great deal for them

Comment

i love the guitar myself. i'd rather play a rhoads sitting down than any other guitar, cuz the upper end of the neck is right in front of you. foot stools help, but they arent a necessity for me.

why dont you play standing up?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    why dont you play standing up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a MAN! LOL!

I just got a 1992 RR1 last week. I have a 3 Les Pauls, 3 SG's, and various strats and superstrats.

If the RR1 was my only guitar, I could deal with that, but one of my LP's would be a better choice.

The thing is built like a tank. I love Jackson necks. But this thing is pretty huge with that case. It's just a beautiful looking shape / guitar.

Comment

I understand this completely. I have kinda "outgrown" the Vs, I still have them, they just do not get played. Grap a soloist, I think you will find it to be more to your liking from a playability standpoint.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Keep the Rhoads and buy a Charvel model 6 or 750 XL.You won't be sorry and you can still pay "tribute".And it wont cost an arm and a leg and you will have 2 kick ass guitars instaed of kicking yourself in the ass later for selling your Rhoads.

Comment

A V actually works well sitting down if you're willing to try the classical position.

http://www.guitarprinciples.com/Guit...ue/sitting.htm
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

the best way for me was to just tighten up my strap and it works just fine sitting down. It is by far the most comfortable stage guitar ever built though. The only problem I have with mine is the painted neck. gonna strip the paint off but i'm still a bit paranoid to do it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

..finding a person who will trade with me here for a dinky or a soloist would be hard, most people play egular shaped guitar ..

[/ QUOTE ]

So where can I see one of these egg shaped guitars that you speak of? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X