Got a Jackson on hold, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Jackson on hold, but...

I found an SL1 at a music store, and apparently it's been there for a while so they're selling it at cost - SWEET Deal! Even though it's such a good deal I'm a little wary. First, it's metallic silver - not my fav, but I suppose I could deal. Second, I decided a while ago that I wanted an SL2, and I thought that I'd be happier with a fixed bridge instead of a Floyd Rose.
    Before I decide I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    1) Does Seymour Duncan exchange pickups that come with new guitars? I'm not sure I like the single coils in it and I thought I might like to switch them out for something that suits my taste a little better.

2) The Floyd Rose thing is bothering me. I've been playing for a long time and I think that I've hit my limit with double locking trems. I thought about stuffing some wood in there to immobilize the trem. Has anyone ever done this and felt like it worked well?

Thanks in advance.

-P

Re: Got a Jackson on hold, but...

If you are really getting a good deal and really want SL2HT why don't you get it and turn it around for profit?

If not, I know of a lot of people who blocked their trems and they are all happy with it. You can still divebomb, that is a good advantage.

Comment

1. i don't think they're gonna swap out any pups!
      2. many people block their trem's and love the results, more chunk and sustain.
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        1) Does Seymour Duncan exchange pickups that come with new guitars? I'm not sure I like the single coils in it and I thought I might like to switch them out for something that suits my taste a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]
        No..THe Duncan 21-Day Real World exchange policy only applies to pickups bought aftermarket....Some dealers will do it for you anyway, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And yes, blocking the trem will essentially make it a hardtail. Common practice.

Comment

Almost all of my Floyds are blocked. A couple are blocked completely so that I can't divebomb either, but that's actually what I prefer. You can always experiment by blocking the trem with a rectangular school-style eraser or a 9-volt battery (wrapped in tape) to see if the blocked trem appeals to you.
          sigpic

Comment

I blocked the trems on 2 of guitars so they only pull down. but I did it so I could put D-tunas on them. they feel a little differnet when blocked but it takes all of about 10 minutes to adjust.
            No biggie.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Almost all of my Floyds are blocked. A couple are blocked completely so that I can't divebomb either, but that's actually what I prefer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you do to block them completely?

Comment

Working...
              X