Can't decide between RR1 and KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide between RR1 and KV2

If any of you guys have both of these guitars could you give me your opinions on which you prefer. I like them both but sometimes the Rhoads just kicks ass and other times I like the perfect symetry of the KV.The # of frets is not a concern its just about the shape. Thanks

Re: Can\'t decide between RR1 and KV2

All I can say is play them both and see which one feels better.

Comment

It's definitely a decision that should be made after playing them both. The each have a different feel...and the neck profiles are different on each.
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I have both and they're both great. The biggest difference is the neck profile and fret size. If you like thin necks and smaller frets then the KV is what you want. If you like a thicker/rounder profile with jumbo frets then the RR is your bitch. If you're still looking in about a week or so I'm going to be putting both my KV2 and RR1 up for sale.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If you're still looking in about a week or so I'm going to be putting both my KV2 and RR1 up for sale.

[/ QUOTE ]
          yea keep me posted on that I am interested. What are the colors or graphics?

Comment

I like both.
            Only the problem with Rhoads was I had hard time playing when I sit down because the lower horn is shorter and I have to use both leg to hodl it.
            With a strap, not a problem.
            KV, it is comfortable with both sit down and stand up with strap.

I really like both shapes and they look killers as well.
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as appearences go, I have no real preference, but I'd much rather Rhoads' were rear loaded.

From a playing perspective I prefer the Rhoads and I didn't get on with the neck on my KV2 at all (mind you, I love the neck on my Mustaine Sig KV Pro). I also found getting to the pickup selector was easier on a Rhoads (still awkward though)
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                As far as appearences go, I have no real preference, but I'd much rather Rhoads' were rear loaded.

From a playing perspective I prefer the Rhoads and I didn't get on with the neck on my KV2 at all (mind you, I love the neck on my Mustaine Sig KV Pro). I also found getting to the pickup selector was easier on a Rhoads (still awkward though)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I loved my KV2's looks but the neck was a little thin for my taste.

Comment

I prefer the KV..

-more comfortable standing and sitting down
                  -no pickguard
                  -pickup switch and no toggle.. I hate toggles
                  -not a big deal, but it has 24 frets
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I have an 84 RR and an 89 KV. I actually like them both but if push came to shove, the RR would stay but that is just me. I have had both since the 80s and neither are going to get sold anytime soon even though neither get played anymore.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have both and they're both great. The biggest difference is the neck profile and fret size. If you like thin necks and smaller frets then the KV is what you want. If you like a thicker/rounder profile with jumbo frets then the RR is your bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Damn, what if you like thin necks with jumbo frets? Custom Shop I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Edit - or an RR3.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I prefer thin necks with Jumbo frets............fortunately, my KV1 has just that spec [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I prefer thin necks with Jumbo frets............fortunately, my KV1 has just that spec [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. My RR has smaller (medium jumbo by todays standards) frets and a slightly fatter profile. It still rips though [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                          X