Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 RR1 - What type of stock Jackson pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 RR1 - What type of stock Jackson pickups?

Any idea?

Are they any good?

I haven't gotten the guitar yet (can't wait!)

Let me know if you need any more info.

Re: 1992 RR1 - What type of stock Jackson pickups?

J90C i believe, if not, then i think Duncan TB4

Comment

These have a Jackson logo and black covers. No exposed coils, so I don't think it's a SD TB4.

Comment

If they have the Jackson logos, they make pleasing cracking noises when they bounce off a wall when thrown with extreme force. That's about the only good sound to come out of them. Seriously, trash them and put something different in.

Comment

I once had a 1992 Rhoads. The stock pickups were two Jackson J-50. But I don't know if that's valid for every Rhoads build this year.

Comment

I don't know, but if the neck is a J50N, you'll love it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You'll have to pull them out and check the stickers on the back.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If they have the Jackson logos, they make pleasing cracking noises when they bounce off a wall when thrown with extreme force. That's about the only good sound to come out of them. Seriously, trash them and put something different in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noodles - this is a guitar you played, the one I'm buying from Siggy. They really sound that bad?

I have a slew of Metal pickups to throw in there if they don't sound too good.

Comment

Well, I never got it up that loud, since he lives in an apartment. However, I have played tons of guitars with Jackson pickups, and they all sound thin to me. The only guitar I have with stock a stock pickup is my KE1, because it's a SD JB.

Comment

My 87 RR had 2 J50's. Key word.........."had". Too low output for my taste.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I'll find out for sure when it arrives. I'm kind of puzzled why Jackson decided to use these pickups on what seems to be obviously a metal guitar. You'd think they would throw in a Duncan Distortion or something.

Comment

Do you remember what kind of tone people had in the 80s? All the manufacturers were shipping guitars with limp dick pickups.

Comment

You got me. When I think 80's, I think of Metallica, Megadeth.

Last night I was watch some crap where people were at a 1987 reunion, and the band was playing boy george and other whimpy crap. In L.A., we had two radio stations. KNAC for the hard rockers, and KROQ for the "alternatives".

I was KNAC all the way.

Comment

Update:

I have the guitar now. The neck is a J80, and the bridge is a J90C. There is an active eletronic amp in the control section. No tone comes thru if no battery.

I think one tone pot is treble, and the other is bass.

Can anyone comment on this? Is it best to keep it original? It picks up hum a little more than my other guitars.

Thanks,

Don

Comment

I've had that setup on a couple of Model 5's. I found it best to rip all of that out, and just wire it up normally with the pickups of your choice.

Comment

send me those pups if you rip em
                              J90C and J80 is my alltime fav combo
                              though i pull the covers on all my jackson pups

Comment

Working...
                              X