Neck Help (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Help (pic heavy)

i got this 24 fret jackson neck and i am not really sure what is going on with it. there is some weird stuff going on around the tuning keys, and at first i thought it might be a fake, but what seems like sharpie goes over the logo, wich is under some kind of clear coat or silkscreened on. the positioning of the logo is not like any ive seen before. a usa jackson plate 88574 came with it but i am unsure if it came with this guitar. it feels great, its nice and flat and any help would be greatly appreciated.

chris

Re: Neck Help (pic heavy)

The neckplate is from one of those '88 LTD models with the funky body cut behind the trem (kinda like the 12-string Soloist body cut), and the Sharpie marks are probably because the clearcoat was cracking, or scratched up.
    The logo itself looks ok to me [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've seen similar black paper lifting on USA Jacksons. The neckplate doesn't seem to match with the neck and I've never seen an allen wrench key holder like that...
      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

man that holder it one big opening, i dont know what would fit there. i know the neck plate was form one of those limited series but i thought they stopped at 500? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

thanks for the help, hopefully i can find out more.

chris

Comment

The allen holder is for an aftermarket wrench that has both wrenches (2.5 and 3mm) in one plastic handle that clips in to the holder. Very common.

The black sharpie was a poor repair to cracked and flaking clearcoat, again, common on these necks. That's a nice looking neck, BTW.

I have no idea what the plate is from, probably an '88 Limited as was said, but it has nothing to do with the neck here.

Comment

i was thinking that it might be a double sided allen wrench thing, thanks for the clarification. i was thinking mybe that that this was from a guitar that was custom made using a left over plate because of the high number but i am really just taking a wild guess. thanks for the compliment chuck racer, i hope it ends up being a cool guitar whan im done (got a black OFR and looking for a black warrior body)

chris

Comment

can anyone help me with the small headstock and logo placement, it seems offf to me [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

what are the markings at the butt of the neck?

Comment

none i can remember

Comment

oil that poor thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd hafta see a pic of this one and one you consider "normal" to comment on the logo and head size - looks fine to me, and I've seen tons.
                      Remember, with a bound headstock, that's less room for the logo, so it'll look cramped.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

well, heres a pic of mine followed by the first two i remember seeing recently (shawn if you mind let me know and ill remove yor pic). i used his and one from an sl2h to show that they look the same despite 15 years difference in manufacture.

mine:

shawns:

and one off Ebay sl2h:

thanks,
                        chris

Comment

Ok, I get it now - your trussrod cover comes out to the 2nd tuner, so yeah you go the shorter head like was on the Mustaine KV Pro (I don't have a pic of the one I used to have, but it's noticeably short).

However, I also had a USA Dinky neck that was like that:

Comment

the other thing was how the last flare on the "N" on Jackson seems more to be in between the 5+6 tuners than pointing at or almost touching the 6th tuner. i dunno, maybe im being crazy.....time for sleep...... and thanks again matt

chris

Comment

Depending on what year that neck is from, they coulda been experimenting with different logos. Look around long enough and you'll see all sorts of wierd stuff like that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X