PC1 Fretboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Fretboard

So I'm looking at getting a Malmsteen strat, but the only feature on it I want is the scalloped fretboard. Since the PC1 is the only Jackson without binding or inlays on the neck, I'm thinking about getting one and having it scalloped. Would this screw up the figuring of the wood?

Re: PC1 Fretboard

I don´t think so. To the best of my knowledge the figuring should go thru the entire fretboard. Don´t take my word for it, though!

Comment

The figuring should go all the way through...
      BTW The PC1 is a Great guitar. the Sustainer in the neck position is a lot of fun... and it can be practical at the same time...
      There was a Mocha one on Ebay not to long ago...
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I just acquired a Natural one, it should arrive Saturday or Monday. I'm going to play it as is for awhile and see if I want to have someone scallop the fretboard.

Comment

Awesome, I love the way the Sustainer can make it sound..
          I am thinking of adding a Roland Synth to mine...

instock inventory

Comment

Agreed. Great guitar. As good as it gets IMO.

Neck has plenty of room to scallop but the frets and action can be adjusted so you may not want to.

I am ordering a custom Jackson with the same neck as the PC1 because they are my favorite necks of all the Jacksons or Charvels. I am getting the little frets scalloped 22-24.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I would love to go the custom route but I'm too impatient. Ideally I would get a neck-through PC1 with fully scalloped fretboard, but I think I'll settle for the bolt-on at half the price.

Comment

what did you give for your PC1?

instock inventory

Comment

My PC1 (for me/my style) is the perfect instrument..I can honestly sit back say that there is nothing I'd change about it.
                  DiMarzio Endorsee
                  www.dimarzio.com
                  Morley Endorsee
                  www.morley.com
                  "Intelli-Shred" author
                  www.myspace.com/intellishred
                  NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

The PC1 looks really good, especially in Chlorine, & the sustainer system looks like it might be good (although there was a thread that suggested they were breaking & were hard to fix). Sounds like the necks are nice - I'm a new fan of maple necks & fretboards, especially the MusicMan/Peavey Wolfgang style unfinished ones. The one thing putting me off is the centre pickup - my picking style would mean hitting it with the plectrum. I'm not keen on the Phil C association, but I'll ignore that if the guitar is good. Are there any similar guitars without the centre PUP?
                    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

You could probably order a neck from Jackson and have them scallop the fingerboard for you. That way if you didn't like it you'ld still have the original neck. the guitar would be worth more with a nonmodded neck.

Comment

You can´t order just a neck, as far as I know. And ordering a whole guitar to use its scalloped neck on a PC1 would be kinda overkill [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X