Jackson USA bolt on neck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA bolt on neck question

I am looking for a NOS or new replacement neck for my Jackson USA bolt on. Can we order them through a dealer? I don't care about a logo and I have seen after market "Jackson" necks and they don't look right. I cracked the neck on my pointy. I was going to send it to GMW but they can no longer produce those necks. Advice?

Re: Jackson USA bolt on neck question

A while ago I tried to get an original neck for my PC-1... it was hopeless. Jackson wanted me to prove in advance that this neck will go on a Jackson USA guitar. Since we found no way how to prove this, I never was able to order a neck [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    As far as I remember I could have sent the body to Jackson to let them attach a new neck, but that wasn't an option for me.

Comment

My guess is you will have to send the body in to Jackson for replacement.

You probably will have to go through a dealer as contacting them is damn near impossible.

You might want to post this question on this forum in the Ask Jackson catagory.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I would send the body off if I have to. I have all the original parts and neck plate. Will they demand the broken neck as well?

Comment

I'm sure you would have to send them the neck as well.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Will they demand the broken neck as well?

[/ QUOTE ] Back in the day, I sent a guitar with a broken neck in to Jackson and they made a replacement for it. They kept the broken neck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I am going to contact one of the dealers here. I am not paying extra for a neck replacement shipment.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I am looking for a NOS or new replacement neck for my Jackson USA bolt on. Can we order them through a dealer? I don't care about a logo and I have seen after market "Jackson" necks and they don't look right. I cracked the neck on my pointy. I was going to send it to GMW but they can no longer produce those necks. Advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from sending it to Jackson Warmoth is the closest thing I guess since they are authorized by FMIC... I would personally send it back to Jackson though
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Has anyone sent one in through a dealer here?

Comment

To think that Jackson would sell you a neck just because you send them the body to bolt it to is absurd. Duh, you could send them any Jackson body, get the neck, then unbolt it and use it for any forgery. Stupidest thing I ever heard of. That's why they don't sell necks outright like that. eBay is probably your best bet, many nice ones listed all the time.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wasn't there a time when they would do that but they wouldn't have a logo?

Comment

I think they will keep the old neck. Thats what I was told before FMIC took over though.

EJ

Comment

http://ebay.com
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            To think that Jackson would sell you a neck just because you send them the body to bolt it to is absurd. Duh, you could send them any Jackson body, get the neck, then unbolt it and use it for any forgery. Stupidest thing I ever heard of. That's why they don't sell necks outright like that. eBay is probably your best bet, many nice ones listed all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no, it's not. A few years ago, I had a SD Charvel pointy with the typical Floyd through-the-neck screw cracks. After a few e-mails with the custom shop (...remember when we could do that? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ), they had me send it out for a possible neck replacement. (They required the whole guitar to be sent to them - not just the body.) If they replaced the neck, the old one would be kept. In the end, though, their evaluation was that the cracks were stable and they recommended keeping the old neck. So I did.

But that was their actual process a few years ago. Not sure if they still do this today.

Comment

I´m thinking that they´re probablöy doing it similar to fender: Send in the whole guitar, including teh broken neck, (AFTER speaking with a Dearler and such) and you can have a new neck put on....

I´m not sure whether this is the actual practice, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X