Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys like your USA WR-1's?

hey guys I am new to the forums

I have always wanted a USA jackson. I justs old an ibanez and a higher end esp for one. I was trying to find a good price on a USA king v when I stumbled apon a brand new metallic burgandy red WR-1 with EMG 81/85 factory upgraded pups - with the battery box no less. I didn't like the shape at first but its really growing on me and I think I might scoop it up - the guy only wants 1100 US for it and it has like 10 hour splaying time - perfect condition.

How does the body feel to you guys? Can you sit down with it? The only thing I may regret is getting another guitar with a floyd, but it seems like such an awsome deal and I am enjoying the floyd rose I have on my other guitar.

My other axe is a one of a kind birdseye maple top USA Zion (A hand carved top on kind of an extreme looking strat body - the cutaways are more extreme looking). Ebony board. I think the body is swam ash. The zion has H/S/S config with a bill lawrence XL-500 in the bridge. Just in case anyone is curious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway thanks for having me on the board and hopefully I can get some input from owners of USA WR1s.

Re: How do you guys like your USA WR-1\'s?

The Warrior, despite its odd shape, is probably the nicest jackson for sitting down and playing. Balance is perfect when standing too. Here is mine. I ditched the Invader and put in a Super Distortion.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It is a relatively light guitar. Make sure it has original Floyd rose parts on it - not "licensed by Floyd Rose"

Should have the Floyd Rose Pro bridge - which means strings are a little closer together than a non recessed Floyd Rose from what I have read at their site anyway.

I have played one that had a Bill Lawrence XL-500 in the bridge and Seymour Duncan Silver Bird in the neck. Very nice sounding combination with tremendous sustain.

The Floyd is blocked which probably adds to the sustain.

I currently have the guitar at my house but it is a friend of mine who owns it.

Very comfortable when you sit an play also.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

That black/white one is really cool man - thats definitely a keeper.

Well here it is, I just bought it. its a Metallic burgandy and I don't think the pics do justic to the color - it almost looks like a purple to me. It should be a darker red though in person. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Comment

Thanks bro. I like it just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That one looks cool. I saw it on ebay. Nice score.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'll try and post some pics up of it when i get it - using a better camera [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet axe man!!!
              cant wait to hear a review
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Well Warriors are simply awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Warrior shape balances and feels like a Strat-style so it is VERY comfortable.

[ QUOTE ]

Should have the Floyd Rose Pro bridge - which means strings are a little closer together than a non recessed Floyd Rose from what I have read at their site anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WR1 has an Original Floyd Rose recessed into the body.

Comment

Like the color - cool.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Did Jackson start painting the necks on the WR1 recently? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, the last one that I ordered for one of my customers has a painted neck. Fortunately, my own one has an oiled neck which to me, feels much nicer.

Comment

Nice score!! I have a couple of BCR Stealths, but love the Jackson Warrior as well. Looks like you got a nice guitar coming...
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

very nice man. i love warriors. i just got one about a month ago. unfortunately its not a usa, it's a wrmg. but still a very cool guitar. i would have gotten a wr-1 but i just bought matts custom shop death angel so maybe in a few months [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] warrior bodies are very comfortable to me standing or sitting. i just need to swap out the pups and maybe block the trem. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

I am not going to go into a long song and dance routine here..
                              Just one word: WARRIOR! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X