Ok, here´s what I got:

-Original Floyd Rose
    -Neck thru
    -Ebenholz fretboard
    -Made in Ontario ´87
    -Sn J3227

Any other info is highly appreciated.

Re: What can you tell me about my new Jackson USA

Looks like an 80's Soloist Custom. Probably Ferrari red. Someone put an original Floyd on it, it would have come with a Jackson JT6 bridge, hence the locking nut on it.

Has there been some routing behind the Floyd?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Looks like an 80's Soloist Custom. Probably Ferrari red. Someone put an original Floyd on it, it would have come with a Jackson JT6 bridge, hence the locking nut on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there is no routing behind the Floyd. Everything looks orignal to me, but I don´t know the history of Jackson models that well. The serial no is J3227. Any info on Pus?

Comment

you try a search on the jackson site? they have a s/n link there...
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          you try a search on the jackson site? they have a s/n link there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Only found out that it´s made in Ontario but nothing ´bout the specs...

Comment

Well, let's see, according to the serial number, it's red, has H-S-S, 3 mini-toggles to turn the pickups on/off, ebony fretboard, Mother Of Pearl fins, neckthrough, and 24 frets.
            Nothing much else to tell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, only the Work Order for that guitar will tell you the body/neck wood, unless you want to sand a small patch down to the wood to see for yourself.
            Work Orders are not available to the General Public (that's us), so given the time frame the best guess is that it's maple neckthrough with Alder or Poplar body wings.
            It could be a mahogany body, as they were all Customs back then (i.e. not really a "standardized production model" like they are today), but most likely it's Alder or Poplar body wings with a maple neck and center.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's not the original case that it is laying on.

Comment

I can tell you that's a hell of a guitar!
                But you already know that, I'm sure.

Comment

It has 6 strings, 3 knobs, 1 output jack, 6 tuners, and it enjoys long walks on the beach and cuddling by the fireplace.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s what It looks like to me as well, someone dropped a Schaller or OFR on there and added a bit of a Recess.....

You´ll probably find better info in the trem cavity than we can give you (that´s where the "work order stamp" will be, if there is one)...

And I dunno why, but something in me thinks it´s cool that J3227 and J4337 ("Phoenix") were originally identical guitars.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Stock pickups should be 2 J-200 stacked Single Coils, One J-80 Humbucker, and the famous JE-1200 Mid boost electronics [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I can tell you it looks purty.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

that route may be original, My 89 custom shop had that funky "kind of recessed" route underneathit.
                        whatever it is I Likey! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          that route may be original, My 89 custom shop had that funky "kind of recessed" route underneathit.
                          whatever it is I Likey! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My '89 VVV has the same setup. The trem itself seems to be of the long-block non-recessed variety but there's a kind-of-recessed route. I thought it might be an indication that it was a fake until I spoke with a couple of other members here who've seen the same sort of thing on guitars from right around that time frame.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Another cool guitar in Finland!
                            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have an '89KV and I am the original owner. It has a kind of 1/2 recess - it is just routed behind the back of the trem so you can pull back. I always thought it was a great idea and do not understand why it did not catch on. I personally do not like the specs of the current Jackson full recess floyd route at all - damn strings sit to low (for what ever reason GMW understands this and sets its route up so that the bridge still sits above the body - that is the only recess that I can deal with).
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X