Archtop Soloist question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archtop Soloist question

My buddy just picked up an Archtop soloist and I have a question regarding it.
    What I know so far is
    Arch top
    22 frets
    neck thru
    he said it has cool MOP fretmarkers but they aren't sharks
    Fully bound
    Jackson logo is in MOP
    quilted maple top
    String thru
    gold hardware
    Mini covered humbuckers
    Here is the unusual part (I think)
    It has an unfinished (just oiled) mohagony neck.
    Any ideas?

Re: Archtop Soloist question

SLAT-QM I guess:

Comment

I didn't know the necks were mohagony.

Comment

Both the SL-AT (P-90s) and SL-ATM (minibuckers) were featured in the 2001 catalog and were discontinued. According to my catalog, they're alder bodies with 1/4" quilted maple tops with oil finished maple necks.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

His is definately an unfinished mohagony neck. He said it is fairly heavy too so maybe the body is also mohagony with a quilted maple cap.

Comment

Almost definitely a SLATQM. I have one and it's identical to the specs you posted above but the Jackson logo & inlays are abalone, not MOP.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I think his is abalone too. He metioned that the MOP Jackson logo and inlays were very colorful. That sounds like abalone to me.

Comment

John, If this is the buddy that flips things fast, tell him I want it if he decides to sell!!!!!! I sold my SLATQM (the one that YAO now owns) last fall and really regret it.
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Jim, its the same guy. He flipped the Floyd Rose Redmond for it. I will keep you posted. He is bringing it over tonight. JG

Comment

Hmm, didn't know they made a SLATQM. I know there was the SLATQH with sharkfins, but never heard of the QM. With the pirhana inlays, it actually seems like a cross between the SLATM and the SLATQH. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Archtop Soloist whats it worth??

[ QUOTE ]
                      SLAT-QM I guess:

[/ QUOTE ]

The guitar I played for several hours is exactly the same as this one. Holy moly.... what a guitar. Those mini hums, the fit and finish, the lowest action I have ever seen ona guitar, this sucker was FLAWLESS in every way. I am gonna try to score it from him. Its light. What are the body wings made out of? What is something like this in mint condition worth? If I recall, the serial # is JA0239 or 0259.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hmm, didn't know they made a SLATQM. I know there was the SLATQH with sharkfins, but never heard of the QM. With the pirhana inlays, it actually seems like a cross between the SLATM and the SLATQH. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, some dealers were identifying this model as a SLATQM and stating that it was limited run / limited production.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

did they all have unfinished oiled mohagony necks or were some painted?

Comment

One thing I did notice was that the body is just about identical to my AT-1T. My AT-1T is also a mohogany body with a thick maple cap (flamed instead of quilt) but is much heavier than the SLATQM. Why is that?

Comment

Working...
                            X