Please bring back the Jazz'R body!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please bring back the Jazz'R body!

I just got one of these things and am seriously impressed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'm sure it wasn't a very good seller for the USA Select line, possibly due to the expense coupled with the Jackson "stigmata", but with the ever-growing interest in single-cutaway bodies outside the Metal market, how about some mods to the base design and a re-introduction?

My idea was to make it without the tone chambers, give it a bolt-on neck, carved/arched top, KV2T inlays, and make it in both a P90 and 2H config, using a quilted top similar to the PC-1 and previous Jazz'R USA model, standard dome knobs instead of the MOP-topped knobs, stringthru/TOM, non-locking tuners, and alder/poplar or mahogany body.
    You could do a "Standard" model with a rosewood board, MOP dots, flame top, matching headstock, no binding, and both pickup options (P90 or 2H), and a "Custom" model with an ebony board, MOP blocks or diagonally split blocks or blocks with an abalone "J" in them, cream head and neck binding, Sperzels, quilted tops, and matching headstocks.

Heck, if you could do those as Professional Series import bolt-ons, I'd be on them like ugly on an ape [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sounds like a plan to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Please bring back the Jazz\'R body!

sounds like a custom shop order to me!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Jackson "stigmata"

[/ QUOTE ]

???

You mean Jacksons are forming holes in their wrists and ankles where Christ's wounds were?? No wonder you never see Michael in shorts and a t-shirt!!! (not that I would anyway)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

John - I don't know if this sort of anecdotal information is of any value to you guys but you seem to have been very close to the mark with this model. Newc got the Jazz'R in question from me and I'm at least the 4th owner (that I know of anyway). The previous 3 were bluegrass players, all were completely unfamiliar with Jackson, and each bought the guitar based solely on the value they perceived as compared to similar instruments from other large manufacturers. All of them sold it because they couldn't adjust to the neck profile. The owners before me each expected a full-sized chambered singlecut style guitar to have a fairly large profile neck. The two owners that immediately preceded me literally couldn't play the instrument comfortably because the thinness of the neck aggravated their arthritis. After I spent some time with it I called the person from whom I obtained it and learned that he'd replaced it with a PRS Private Stock guitar but that he thought the quality of materials and workmanship in the Jackson were absolutely equivalent to his new guitar and he indicated that he thought the Jackson was more resonant and responsive. FWIW I passed it along for a similar reason: the necks on my GMP Roxies are, to me, just more comfortable. You guys really were close to the mark with these though.

Newc - Now go order another custom. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

CC's used up - gotta sell more junk..errrrr....victims...errr....projetcs to refill it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Definitely next year, though - my next order will be a Jazz'R like the one I described above - just gotta pick a finish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Maybe MochaRum?
          Black with HRF?

I like the neck profile of the Jazz'R, but will probably go with a different profile for mine - either the JCF01 or a 60's LP profile.

Anyhoo, I still think these things would sell better as a bolt-on Pro model with either Flametops, Quilted Tops, or solid and sparkle colors. The Punk bunch may get into them due to their semi-retro (Gretsch, etc) size and body style.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I like the neck profile of the Jazz'R, but will probably go with a different profile for mine - either the JCF01 or a 60's LP profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Jackson didn't think of that or you wouldn't own one today. It's my understanding that the neck is the only reason that the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd owners let it go.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I just got mine on friday and i really like the neck. Its so...Different... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i too would like to see this body return in a non chambered version. I would want neck through though.
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
              X