JCF01 gets new pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF01 gets new pickups

I liked the Duncans, but I also like gold pickups with gold hardware, so....

Gibson something or other in the neck (496R I think) and an Iommi in the bridge [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: JCF01 gets new pickups

Nice. I love gold hardware on black or white guitars.

Am I seeing that correctly? The Iommi pickup doesn't have any pole pieces exposed?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You got those backwards, that Angus will drown out the Iommi. I only know because I did the exact same thing. Twice, just to be sure I wasn't imagining it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I do dig those pups in there though!
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Have you tried brass pickup rings? Just curiouse how it would look. Looks good with the black.

EJ

Comment

So, how does it sound? Enquiring minds want to know!
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Why was that a stupid question? I've never seen that pickup before.

Comment

That's not the Angus, that's the one I took out of the LPC I had (replaced it with a Jazz).
                The Iommi does seem a bit weaker than the other one, and it's pretty close to the strings. I may swap them around, but I'm not sure if the Iommi is suited for clean tones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                The again the Iommi doesn't sit flat under the strings like I'd prefer (probably due to the pickup route being just big enough for an uncoverd pickup - I may have to sand some more of the cavity out to allow the pickup to move.
                Had to trim both pickup's feet to fit in the route as it was, and sand some of the neck cavity corners to fit the pickup in without using a mallet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EJ - Brass/gold rings would be too much gold in one place - better to break it up with black.

Moro - correct, the Iommi has no poles.

Tim - So what are you trying to say? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, stop it. Sell me that guitar. Tell ya what, I'll send you both of my SL1's for that guitar. Seriously, I'll pack them both up tonight and ship in the morning. Just give me the original pickups.

- Newc

Comment

Tell you what, I'll kick in the EVH Tele too.

- Newc

Comment

Here is what you get:

Now step away from the JCF-01. Slowly. Slowly.

- Newc

Comment

Damn Tim, there're going to be JCF-01 owners beating down your door soon.

Comment

let the tire kicking begin!

- Newc

Comment

I actually like the Iommi for clean tones. It's not so hot that it doesn't clean up nicely.

Comment

Thanks for the offers, Tim, but this one stays at home where it belongs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X