Factory repair on a brand new Sl2h?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory repair on a brand new Sl2h?

Has anyone here ever seen a binding/fret fill on a brand new Jackson. is this a common practice.I recently recieved a brand new SL2h with this very issue.The guitar was sold as new not a blem. The rest of the frets were a little sharp on the ends also.I really like this guitar! It's SL2H/Mah with a killer top and a slightly heavy body,(i like heavy).Anyway should I send it back or keep it.The dealer has agreed to take it back but I would have to wait 6-8 months for another. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Factory repair on a brand new Sl2h?

I would send it back.
    IMHO this guitar would be B-stock even though many manufacturers claim they don't do such a thing.

My opinion is that if something bothers you and it is a brand new axe, IT WILL continue to bother you through the years. Then think, if you sell it, what the buyer would think. Will he believe it was a factory patch?

Many of the top end manufacturers (think here PRS, Fender, etc.) claim that if something within the guitar is not up to snuff the axe gets the saw. It happened to a Fender CS Masterbuilt of mine!

I would think something like this, so visible and obvious would be grounds for the saw. Some fill around inlays is not uncommon, but can't say I've seen or heard of fret fill on a new one.

Get a new one.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Agreed. Send it back.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Say you'll keep it if you can get a substantial discount [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Say you'll keep it if you can get a substantial discount [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats what I would do.

Comment

A blemish of this magnitude would have to get you close to 50% off, if they decline, send it back.

They'll be more inclined to give you the discount than to go through the hassle of reshipping, etc.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I would like to see a pic of this. How bad is it?

Comment

t's not really that bad,you have to look to see it but it is there non the less,also the corner/squared edge of the binding is flatned on both side of the fret. I would take pics but Im at work and the guitar is boxed up and ready to ship back. I spoke with the dealer but they did not offer any discount. They say I got a graet deal to begin with. I have to say they have been very good about this offered to take it back and even pay for the shipping. I am bummed at the prospect of waiting another 6 months for a replacement. I may just order that Custom Charvel I have always wanted. What's 10 months compared to 6.JMHO but I think my Bullseye RI pointy smokes the Soloist in playability. Although the Mahogany Soloist has great sustain and more chunka-chunka if you know what I mean.

Comment

I doesn't sound like you're totally into the guitar, so I've changed my mind - ship it back!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

But it really does look killer. Probably the best looking guitar I have ever seen! Why did they have to screw up this one? Why couldn't it have been one with a plain jane top;.

Comment

i'd really like a pic of this because i can't seem to visualize this. so far, this doesn't seem like an issue to me. is the binding over the fret edges, and if so, are you saying that there's a little gap between the fret end and the binding nub that was filled in? if that's it, unpack the guitar because that is not a quality issue.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hello there,

I live in France and I recently received my SL2H-MAH in trans-black finish. This an awesome axe but I must say they screwed up mine too.

Here is the issue : The tremolo is not perfectly aligned with the neck, so the higher E string is almost off neck on the upper frets. I hope you understand what I mean.

Of course, I can't send back the guitar to the US dealer (bought straight from the USA) but I've planned to bring the guitar to a master luthier that live near my home and that could solve this issue.

I am just surprised to see that Jackson don't seem to check carefully their products.

I have tought a B-stock too...

I could add pics if you want.

Comment

Sully, I took the guitar to a warrenty center and had them look at it. They are the ones who told what was up. I only knew that it looked diffrent then the rest of the frets.There is clear coat bubbled up onto the end of the fret. One theory they had is that the guitar was some how damage(fell over) since the finish is scuffed under the fret?

Comment

I had a DK1 that I ordered about 8 months ago that had multiple issues and I sent it back straight away. It took another 3 months before I got a replacement. A brand new perfect EDS KE2!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Sully, I took the guitar to a warrenty center and had them look at it. They are the ones who told what was up. I only knew that it looked diffrent then the rest of the frets.There is clear coat bubbled up onto the end of the fret. One theory they had is that the guitar was some how damage(fell over) since the finish is scuffed under the fret?

[/ QUOTE ]

so there's just some excess clear coat underneath some scratched up binding? i'm sorry, i'm still trying to visualize, here. if that's what it is, wetsand the clear blob off and enjoy. i know that the polyester clear that they use is very thick, and can certainly do this. it's hard to buff that area without burning through other areas.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X