My first USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first USA Jackson

Well, it came in the mail today. I got one of Brad's (YetAnotherOne) JJPs that he had for sale a little bit ago. I'm sure you all have seen it or at least one like it. But I'll post a couple of obligatory pics that I just snapped off real quick. I had to fill in a couple of stripped holes for the bolt on neck, which was no big deal. I'll wait until tomorrow to string her up, just to make sure the glue is dry. Then I'll give you all my impression.

By the way, am I to understand that these were only made for one year? What year was that? Thanks

Re: My first USA Jackson

Congrats Travis, I hope you dig her when she's strung up. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] IIRC they were only made in 1997.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Very cool. I kinda miss my black one (now owned by Peedenmark7). It also had a 3-D Jackson serialized plate, most I've heard have plain chrome or smokey chrome plates. They were only made in '97, I believe. Is that the stock DiMarzio Super D? If so, you better leave it there, because it rules!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, it is the stock DiMarizio. I was waiting for you to chime in on that. We'll see what I think of it tomorrow. I might just have to throw a Duncan Distortion in there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

For some reason, the Super D sounded really amazing in that guitar (maybe because it's all mahogany), better than other guitars I've tried with that pup, even though I'm a big fan of it in general.
          The JJP was also my first, and only, USA Jackson. The neck was nice and beefy without being too thick, I just don't like being limited to only one pickup in a guitar any more. Let us know what you think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm usually a Duncan fan but the DiMarzio just rips in that guitar.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Congrats bro, that is sweet. I hope it lives up to its looks. Let us know!

Comment

congrats Travis [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Nah, only kidding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.!!

Comment

Congrats!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Can't wait to see your review.

Comment

Could you post some pics of the back?

Damn, I feel like I'm in a peep show booth. "Yeah, baby, looking good! Turn around for me...yeah, reeeeal nice." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a link to Brad's auction with more pics of the JJP. The one I got is the second one, matte finish, towards the bottom. I'll get some more pics tomorrow.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...ge=8&fpart=all

Comment

Great one, Travis!
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Wow, what a tiny cavity cover! That is also the same bolt-on joint that is on my DK-27, angled to make acces easier. I'm digging this guitar, simple, classic, to the point.

Is that headstock logo MOP?

Comment

Working...
                          X