Out for delivery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for delivery!

My first Jackson is on the truck and out for delivery. It is a SL2H/Mah in Trans Blk. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Out for delivery!

Hey, nice choice. Remember rule #1, we want pics!

Comment

Congrats!! That is an Awesome first Jackson!

Comment

Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Mahogany kicks ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats the guitar I have been wanting. Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Congratulations!

And +1, Scotty! I've been wanting a SL2H/Mah in Natural for long now, but that damn floyd! :/
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

If I wasn`t getting a CS Soloist in all Mahogany, the SL2H Mahogany would be my first choice in a Select Series Jackson. Congrats and pics bro!! Jack.

Comment

Good luck with the new axe. You guys are all making me feel bad. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] I haven't had a new one in a few months.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats!!
                  Make sure to check the control cavity and also truss rod cavity to see if the body/neck are Mahogany.
                  This is not a joke since I saw a member who got his Trans Black SL2H-MAH and turned out to be non Mahogany body.

Comment

She has arrived! Unfortunatly it is too dark outside to take any pic's today I will post some tomarrow or at least attempt to. I have never posted pics on this site, it will be a learning experience. Now for a brief reveiw. The flame on this one is wide and fairly even looks nice.The ebony fingerboard has a light streak that runs from the 2nd fret into the 3rd fret out of place on a guitar like this. The rest of the board is dark and the sharkfins are even although sharkfin on the 20th fret has two small holes where the filler/glue that is used to mount them had a couple of air bubbles.These are very small but there none the less you have to look extremely close to see them but anyone dressing the frets had to have noticed but let it go. At dinkyjacksonman's prompting I removed the back covers so far the little wood I can see looks like Mahogany it is red in color,but I can only see it in the screw holes and where the wires are run through the body.I will look under the truss cover tomarrow.This guitar plays great but at first seemed a little neck heavy just a tad. It sounds nice and full with plenty of lows when palm muting and the highs do scream. Enough fo now I have to go JAM.Pics later!

Comment

Congrats! Nice choice, a trans black is my next purchase (unless I get sidetracked again)!

pics!! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        At dinkyjacksonman's prompting I removed the back covers so far the little wood I can see looks like Mahogany it is red in color,but I can only see it in the screw holes and where the wires are run through the body.I will look under the truss cover tomarrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it is a Mahogany body.
                        Great!

Pics!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Great score, can't wait for the pictures!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The ebony fingerboard has a light streak that runs from the 2nd fret into the 3rd fret out of place on a guitar like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            It's actually pretty common for ebony to have some light brown streaks in it. You could always dye it if it bugs you, but I'd leave it and just think of it as a birth mark or adding character. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I have had some time to bond with the guitar and I have mixed feelings. First let me say,that this thing does screams the high notes and has a nice chuncka-chuncka lo end.The finish is just about flawless and not sticky at all.Now for the negative I am contemplating sending it back and let me tell you why. The frets are actually sharp on the ends and a little painful to play,Honestly they are terrible and no one signed the hangtag in the fret dress square it makes me wonder if it was done at all?My LTD/Lynch was half the price and the fret work was 100% better then this guitar. I just have a hard time shelling out $$ for fret work on a new axe of this caliber/cost.Since I only have 48hrs to return it, so I have to decide soon.I really want to like this guitar especially since I parted with another to aquire it, but my hand is actually scraped up.What do you guys think? If I return it I will probably order a Charvel and hope for better fret work. I got what I thought was a good deal on this and would Have already sent it back had I paid what most of the dealers want for these.The fret work on this looks like it came from the Gibson factory by way of Corona. Sad indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X