Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Help: 1987 Bubblegum Pink Strat

Hi guys,
    I am mostly a collector of rare Kramers, but here's the Jackson I have in my arsenal. Yes, I had bought it because it was pink and had a maple neck--but perhaps you already guessed that from my Kramer obsession.
    In any case, I have had questions about my Jackson for a while, and shot a bunch of pixx this weekend--I hope the J/C experts on here can help me clarify a few things.

Is 0315 the Ontario order number?
    Inside the Kahler cavity, I see the following: Bubblegum Pink 0315 PM P VT3W (or VTBW) Any idea what those codes represent?
    On the neck heel, I see 0315 EC OBD (Oil Black Decal) Do we know what EC means?
    Is Mark Gellert a former owner, or an old Jackson employee?
    I have some doubts about the pickups and electronics--does it look like the Tone knob is added? (Since the pots are different)
    The Duncan Distortion is a replacement of the original Jackson humbucker, right?
    I should have a brass plate inside the electronics cavity acting as ground, correct?
    Sorry for so many questions--I know you guys live for this stuff. I hope to straighten all of this out.

Cheers, fellows!
    George

Re: ID Help: 1987 Bubblegum Pink Strat

I can't answer your questions, but I love the guitar.

The serial# would make it Ontario, so I would assume that 0315 is the work order # since it's on both the body and the neck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I can certainly clarify this much George...what a killer guitar!!

Yeah,that would be a project/workorder #!!The VT3W stands for Volume,Tone,3way switch,the Duncan is a replacement for the original covered Jackson hum & Mike Gellert was an employee!!I'd assume the PM is Pink/Maple(??)!!

Very cool Jackson bro,thanx for sharing pics!!

Comment

Very cool! It would go well will the pink/purple lightning bolt Charvel star! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Love the maple! Kahler... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you, guys! Yup, I love this one. I am so relieved to hear that the tone knob seems original--I've wondered about that. The main difference between the Jackson and my Kramers is the neck profile: wide and flat, as well as the flat fretboard radius and the uniformly low action, probably due to the low-profile Kahler. Thanks again--I learned something today. Chuck, I do believe the body is maple.

George

Comment

Very hot axe!

I've always wanted a pink one in my collection, and I think now I'm gonna make sure it happens sooner than later!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have #2008 a black strat, maple neck, single hum w/ a Kahler. It's got wo # 0314, 4-14-87 and Mark Gellert also, so they are pretty close. Great guitars too!

Comment

Yep the tone knob may have been replaced at some point but I doubt it was added. STrange it's missing the brass shielding..maybe they ripped that out when they replaced the tone knob. However besides that (& maybe the replaced bridge pickup) it looks pretty much stock to me. I like it!

Comment

I would hve guessed the sigle was added as that is kinda rare from the factory, but the markings in the kalher cavity tell a different story (also the fact that the single cavity is painted and the Jackson made single also supports factory - not many would have the work done and then use a Jackson pup IMHO).

Also, SD Charvels from the year before do have the full brass shielding in the control cavity in my experirce, but it is possible they stopped doing that in Ontirio
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The H/S config was pretty common in '87-'88. I owned two guitars with H/S config from that era (budman now has one of them). Both had full brass shielding in the cavity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Is Mark Gellert a former owner, or an old Jackson employee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Gellert was a Jackson employee.

The employee who assembled the guitar often put their name in the neck pocket.

Since the guitar originally came with the 3-way, the single would be original too.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks, fellows. This is very informative. I have GAS for more--but the prices on these have made USA C/Js a bit out of my reach! (But then, I am a bargain hunter lol)
                        Here's the link to my complete collection, if you're curious.
                        Keep Rockin,
                        George

Comment

Awesome axe! and great collection! Thanks for sharing. I love the tank axe. Very nice!

Comment

Great looking Jackson! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Comment

Sweet guitar and nice collection. Love that TS graphic on the Baretta.

Comment

Working...
                              X