Jackson Sustainer helllpppp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Sustainer helllpppp

The sustainer on my PC1 went out and I don't know how to get a new one.Any advice would be very much appreciated...thanks all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Sustainer helllpppp

Good luck. You might have luck trying one of the dealers hear. I can't imagine you would be able to find one anywhere else other than Jackson even if there.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

You can order direct through sustainiac.com, but as stated above, I'm sure one of our dealers could probably get a better price.

Edit: I just noticed we're talking about USA Jacksons so I'm not sure if Sustainiacs are used in PCs.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

That is correct. The Sustainiac is used on the imports. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure of the make of the USA sustainer. I've heard Fernandez and Floyd Rose thrown out as the manufacturer for the USA models, but who knows. All I know is that it's a $960 list price option on the customshop order form. Thats waaaay more than the typical Fernandez or sustainiac systems. It's always been a mystery to me.

Does anyone have any info on the PC-1 sustainer?
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Why would a $1000 piece of equipment just up and die? This is the second time I have heard this happening with a PC1. Does Jackson offer a recall? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Check to make sure a knob isn't touching the board and shorting it out. Also check to make sure the batteries are good, and the wires are intact.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would expect FMIC to offer a replacement under warranty if you bought it new, otherwise any caring dealer should be able to help out with either a repair or share the cost of a new unit..

Comment

Bummer dude. I have a PC1. I tried to find the maker of the thing. I called all the companies that make that particular type of product and I could not find the manufacturer. I called them all. I think Jackson might be private contracting them to some manufacturer somewhere.

Again as noted above I assume you already did but if not - check the batteries and the switches on the front of the guitar.

Put new batteries in just to be sure.

If it is out your best bet is to take the guitar to a dealer. They may have to send it into Jackson because finding someone who knows something about the sustainers is difficult.

Maybe there is a dealer somewhere in the country who knows how to work on these. You would have to do some research on the net or ask one of the dealers on this forum.

I broke a clip on my sustainer and had it replaced here in MN. But the dealer went to a local electical parts store to get a replacement clip. There is another dealer I found in TX who seemed to know how to work on them also. I can't remember who it was.

It may take you some time and effort to get it fixed but it can be done. Hope you have a back up axe.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Do the PC-1 sustainers double as a neck pickup like the Sustainiac, or does it only do sustain?
                  If it's a dual-purpose unit, is it still putting out sound when in "pickup" mode?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

my sustainer died in my solar PC-1. even 2 jackson certified repair guys couldn't figure out the problem. it sucked big time, and now with all passive pickups i feel like i have a $1600 PC-3. i thought about buying a fernandez system, but just let it go.

Newc, mine did work as a pickup, but it sounded ROTTEN. it's a terrible pickup. that's one of the resaons i gutted my PC-1 and replaced everything. ironically the guitar sounds 100000000 times better without all that circuitry hooked up.

i made a trade with Shawn and got his euphoria PC-1, and the sustainer works in that one, so it worked out for me in the end.

sorry i can't be of anymore assistance.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Jeepster2 - call Floyd Rose. The dude that designed them works there and I believe they still sell them to Jackson.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I believe Tim's correct. Jackson used to refer to them as the "Floyd Rose sustainer". Then they started calling them "Jackson sustainers". Floyd - or some contractor under license - probably still makes them.

Unfortunately, I've heard several stories about them crapping out. So far - about 4 years now - mine has been OK.

I strongly suspect the problems are mostly simple stuff. Connections going bad or shaking loose, etc. But, since the guitar model itself is fairly rare - and the sustainer make even rarer - there probably aren't that many techs who know how to go about fixing them, let alone knowing what the "common" issues might be.

As mentioned above, replacing it won't be cheap. Hopefully, you'd be covered under warranty. If not, you might be better off just ditching the sustainer and going passive. The PC1 has many more cool and unique specs to it. Losing the sustainer would be a loss, for sure, but not a big one IMHO. ...Actually, I wish Jackson made a non-sustainer USA version. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (Not, not the old non-Floyd PC-2! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

The Sustainiac circuit board is shrinkwrapped in some sort of plastic/rubber type stuff with only the trim pots exposed, so you can't get to the board components. Is the PC-1 board done the same way or is it totally exposed so that you can check stuff with a meter?

Comment

PC-1 board is totally exposed.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Then it should be easy enough to check the components with a meter.
                              Then again, judging from the fact that 90% of the back of a PC-1 is the control cavity cover, I'd assume you'd find Mission Control-style circuitry under there, so checking the components on the board might take a year or two [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X