Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on trade

Hey guys,

got a dilemma. Don't have cash so I have to trade to get a certain guitar. What is your opinion on the next trade:

My SL2 (candy apple red and the no-inlay 1996 model and as good as mint) for an as good as mint Black '85 Gibson Explorer (81135556) (no pickguard).
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: Advice on trade

Heh, I just sold a Gibson Gothic Explorer to get a new SL2H......I'd say it depends on your sentimental attachment to the SL2

Comment

Sounds like a fair trade to me with the higher potential future value going to the Gibson.85 is a good year, black is a good color and being mint is a real plus for a 20 year old. I am not a fan of Soloists without sharks.

Comment

Aye!

Needless to say a pickguardless Gibson '85 Explorer is a wet dream of mine! (Gigantic 80's Hetfield fan).

Gonna wait for a couple more advices, but I'm leaning towards doing it!!

Comment

oh.. so my advise isn't enough huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            oh.. so my advise isn't enough huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, that's not what I meant to imply, sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If the Explorer is your thang, then go for it.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

is that the same SL2 that's on marktplaats and/or tweedehands.nl ? that thing is so sweet.. personally I'd hang on to it..

black explorers are a little boring compared to the red sl2.. but that's just my opinion ofcourse

but the no picguard thing is cool though..
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  is that the same SL2 that's on marktplaats and/or tweedehands.nl ? that thing is so sweet.. personally I'd hang on to it..

black explorers are a little boring compared to the red sl2.. but that's just my opinion ofcourse

but the no picguard thing is cool though..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one, indeed. It's a very lovely guitar, the best I've had yet. But that gibby makes me pitch a tent... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Here she is btw

http://users.pandora.be/metallipries...ine/sl2_01.JPG
                  http://users.pandora.be/metallipries...ine/sl2_02.JPG

Comment

Btw here's some pics of the Gibby as well:

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

That's definitely a fair trade if you ask me.

Comment

Good trade if ya ask me. I dig Explorers.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good trade indeed. Go for it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It´s a fair trade..the Jackson is IMO the better guitar, but the Explorer will almost certainly have a higher Resale Value [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X