RR-1 pick-ups?/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-1 pick-ups?/

Just want some feedback on the SH2 and the TB4's sound/tone that came stock on your alder body RR1?? I want to put them in a RR-10D and would like your opinion on them,,,,,,,,,,
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Re: RR-1 pick-ups?/

It has been a while since I have had the stock pickups in my RR1's, but I remember when I got my last one about a year and a half ago the pickups sounded pretty good. I am actually refinishing a Kelly right now right now and am going to install the SH2 and TB4(Since those are the only extra ones I have at the moment) into it once I am done which will prbably be a couple weeks. Anyway, if you have them already then go for it. If you are gonna buy them, then I would suggest just getting the SH2 in the neck position because they sound pretty warm, but would go for something else in the bridge position and my advice for all of your pickup choices would to buy a bunch of different one and hook them up and try em out to see what you like! I did that a long time ago. Guitar Center I think will let you return pickups if you just use only a minimal ammount of wires and then snip the end clean and flush making it look like you never tried em! Well hope this helped a little and I'll let you know about the pickups if I ever finish this damn paintjob!

DarkSaga aka Jeremy

Comment

Yes it did help, I havent bought them yet but Iv,e heard the same thing about the TB4 being weak for a bridge pup and slapping in a Super distortion to really make it sing/scream........
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I just went to the Seymour Duncan web-site and really like the Duncan Distortion TB6, They also have SH6 thats alittle smaller in size. Witch one will fit my RX10D?

Comment

i have the TB4 in my RR5 and it sounds perfect. but then again, its a string thru, so theres alot more tone there than with a floating tremelo. it might sound a bit weaker with an RR1, so the TB6 would be my suggestion

Comment

TB's are for Floyd rose equiped guitar and SH's are for all other bridges.

same thing as an "F-spaced" dimarzio.

floyd rose and floyd rose liscensed tremlo's have wider string spacing than tune-0-matic, hard tail, string through, and vitage trems. that's why SD has TB models of every humbucker.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Thank you, Yes I,m getting a SH2(jazz) for the neck and a TB6 (dist) for the bridge...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                floyd rose and floyd rose liscensed tremolos have wider string spacing than tune-0-matic, hard tail, string through, and vintage trems.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Actually, F-spacing is for Fender-type vintage trems and Floyd Rose trems. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey, Grant. Do you really find there to be more tone with the string through Rhoads than a trem? I bet that USA Shipwreck will be tonalicious to the max in comparison to the RR5, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The Distortion/Jazz combo is what Randy had in his black/brass Jackson, so you can't go wrong there, though I'm trying two Distortions in my RR Pro. TB6 and SH6.

Comment

the pickups are definately sweet, some of my faves for sure. love the mid range sound of these ol jackson pickups. definately gonna keep em in!

Comment

Working...
                      X