Top 10 Rare Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Rare Jacksons

Excluding custom shop and 1 of a kinds, what are the 10 rarest normal production Jackson USA models in regards to production #'s?

Re: Top 10 Rare Jacksons

im not sure but i would guess
    king kelly
    round Vs
    firebirds
    star
    explorer
    PC archtop
    roswells
    PCS models
    V V v's if they count
    in no order

& i dont count the AXEs or tommy gun type stuff i consider those mroe one off customs even tho there more than 1.

Comment

j2379 - Can't count most of those as they were all Customs until 1990. The only ones on that list that qualify as USA production models are the Round Vs (Y2KV only), the PC Archtops, Roswells, and PCS Rhoads.
      While the PCS and LTDs were purposely-limited production, I think he's asking more in terms of "well, THAT didn't work, let's drop it from the lineup".
      Are the Pokey-Dotted tribute Vs Custom/PCS/LTD type numbers or are they production numbers?

The Roswells had "RSW" numbers, which would lump them in with the PCS, LTD, and other "non-standard" serials, and were another series that was not intended to be "forever" (like the SL1 or RR). Do current PC-1s have 'PC' numbers like the 1990 Archtops?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

current PC-1's do not have PC serial numbers.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Limited production and non-standard models don't count. The Jacksons I am talking about are the ones that were intended to be produced "forever" but were dropped for one reason or another. Any model that the factory produced a specific predetermined amount of doesn't count.

Comment

The Fusion, Collen, and Warrior are some of the "rarest" USA Production models. The were only offered for two years. Any guitar built prior to 1990 cannot qualify in this thread. The Soloist Superlite from 1996, and the SL2/SL2S were uncommon. The bolt on USA RR-2 and the DR-2 were not common. The Super Dinky didn't stay too long, nor did the USA made Short Scale.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

True, lets limit the models to 1990 and up.

Comment

what about the shannon soloist's, especialy the 2 white ones and the 6 slime green ones.....

jon

Comment

KE2T - one year only. Not many made.

Comment

XTRR
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The JJP was made in 1997 only, there aren't a ton of those running around.

My Jazz'R is # ST0075 made 5/30/03. I doubt there are more than a few hundred Swee Tones out there with the Archtop & Bent Top seemingly more rare than the Jazz'R. And variations like the Jazz'R 90 seem to be super-rare.

There are what, maybe 500 JA serialized archtops with maybe the last 300 or so being mostly SLATs? Of those the SLATQM & SLATQ90 don't show up very often. Based on the overall number of JAs I'd guess no more than a few dozen SLATQMs & SLATQ90s are running around out there.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Body styles or finishes? How many interference blood drips did they make?

Comment

Models.

Comment

I assume you are referring only to USA models, but the Dinky HX (Japanese, 1994, STB) are supposedly pretty lo-pro. Less than 100 made?

Comment

Jackson Made Schon's.

Comment

Working...
                              X