My Jackson Granite finish Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson Granite finish Dinky

I finally got some pics of my Dinky and Ive always wondered what the deal was on the finish. Ive seen a few granite finishs before but mine has alot deeper cracks and texturing than any of the others Ive seen. Is mine a one off variation or are there more like mine?

Thanks!

Re: My Jackson Granite finish Dinky

Am I supposed to be seeing pictures?

Comment

Pics. are up, looks great!

Comment

wow, those cracks are something else! They're not structural, are they? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

i always wondered who ended up with that one...it was made later than the original run...most of the originals were soloists (i have owned 3 of them)...all were different but yes, yours is definitely the most unique of them all that i have seen...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I remember those from back around 1988 or so. They had like 4 of them at Guitar Center in San Diego CA. My first Jackson was going to be a granite finish Dinky Reverse with the maple fretboard. I wish I would have gotten it instead of the black one with rosewood. I had a thing for Kirk Hammett's KH II at the time so I went with black. Nice axe dude.

Comment

That's not the Granite finish. It's Earthquake. Granite doesn't have the cracks in it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In my Jackson pricelist it is listed as "Chisled Granite Rock" and was a $420.00 upcharge! I also had one with very deep cracks, it was a Strat body with HSS, floyd and reverse headstock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  That's not the Granite finish. It's Earthquake. Granite doesn't have the cracks in it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does....after said eathquake [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                  X