PC1 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Owners

I am not sure why this has taken so long for me to realize this, but this guitar is the most comfortable guitar that I own in terms of neck, playability, access to all frets, position of the volume knob, etc.

I would love to have a 2 humbucker version of this guitar. maybe a fixed bridge too

My question is there any other jackson that has the same type of feel as this guitar, but with 2 hums?

Re: PC1 Owners

In terms of current production, probably the closest one is the DK1. Dinky body, bolt-on, 24 frets, recessed Floyd, two hums.

The neck profiles are quite different, though. The DK1's is the thinnest USA Jackson, while the PC1's is the thickest. I tend to prefer thinner necks, but have no trouble switching between the two. They're both cool in different ways.

Comment

How about past production guitars? I am really starting to move away from thin necks.

I have been seeking out another like my PC1 for some time...I bought a Model A+ Koa Charvel some time ago and just couldnt bond with the neck so I got rid of it. have you played any of the older SD reissues?

Comment

The only one I've played is the Traditional model. I've heard it was meatier than the other SDs but, thickness-wise, it still felt medium-ish to me. A little bit of a rounder profile, too. Not as flat as most Jacksons.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have been seeking out another like my PC1 for some time...I

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what you're looking for. Every now and then I find some good new and used USA's in local stores and I'm always happy to pass along the info if people are in the market for something special.

Comment

PC1's. Ahh my favorite guitar of all the Jacksons.

There have been several posts on this forum about them.

I love the necks. I have owned tons of thin necked guitars. Finally I got this PC1 without every trying one.

I finally have something to grab onto when I vibrato and I just love it. Much better vibrato now.

The quality of these guitars is as good as any custom I have every played like Tom Anderson, etc... The tone is better than any guitar I have played - and I have played most of them out there including Baker, Zion, Warrior, etc...

Sustain and articulation on these guitars is second to none.

These guitars are Jacksons best kept secret if you ask me.
            I switched the Dimarzio to a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 and it just kills! Drooling with tone and sustain.

I like this guitar so much I ordered a custom with 2 humbuckers. However I spotted a Demon body style on this forum so I changed the shape of the body. I like pointy horns on the body.

But basically it will be a PC1 with a different body shape. Same body wood. Same neck. Scalloped 22 - 24th frets. Different headstock though and No scarf joint between the neck and headstock. Same hardware and bridge.

They are not making many of these currently since Def Leopard has not been touring much in the USA I have heard.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              How about past production guitars? I am really starting to move away from thin necks.

I have been seeking out another like my PC1 for some time...I bought a Model A+ Koa Charvel some time ago and just couldnt bond with the neck so I got rid of it. have you played any of the older SD reissues?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a McNaught on ebay similar to a PC1 for 1800. Only has 22 frets though. Same body wood, same neck wood and Green quilted, flamed maple fingerboard. Rio Grand pick ups.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I have been seeking out another like my PC1 for some time...I

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what you're looking for. Every now and then I find some good new and used USA's in local stores and I'm always happy to pass along the info if people are in the market for something special.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really appreciate the offer, but I live in Canada, and although finding a used USA jackson is fairly nonexistent here...I would definitely want to try it first...thanks again tho...

Comment

You should try an AT-1. It's an archtop bolt on, has a neck similar to a PC-1 and two hums. Has a Wilky and an ebony board, but it;s the closest thing to a PC-1 that I can remember. Probably because the neck profile.

Good Luck!
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

You do or don't have a PC1?
                    If not, have you tried ebay?
                    I'm not sure about shipping to Canada.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Hmm an AT1, I will see if I can track one of those down Thanks!...soap, yes I do have a Chlorine PC1, I would love to find a mocha...

Comment

guitarxpress.com

Talk to Lloyd.

He ordered about 6 of them recently. They will have to make them and ship them to him so it will be some time.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Thanks Shred!

Comment

Matt has one coming as well..Why not stick with a JCF dealer?

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Hands down my favorite and most versatile guitar. I have a Euphoria PC1 and it is the perfect guitar. My SL2 runs a close second, but when in doubt whether its a TV gig or a session...the PC1 has to go! Not a bad tone to be found anywhere!
                              DiMarzio Endorsee
                              www.dimarzio.com
                              Morley Endorsee
                              www.morley.com
                              "Intelli-Shred" author
                              www.myspace.com/intellishred
                              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                              X