JCF 01 neck specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF 01 neck specs

Ian was over this evening checking out a guitar I'll be sending his way soon and we wound up playing a few of my guitars along the way. We both love the neck profile on the JCF-01, does anyone have the measurements/description for it? Any idea how it might compare to the Phil Collen fat-C that's used on Phil's personal guitars?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: JCF 01 neck specs

I thought the PC1 had a thin neck. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

it is nice and wide yet was very comfortable for me. I don't have the exact specs but I had thought it was supposed to be like his creme Les Paul.

Its been a while since I went through the JCF 01 process and the specs have went out the window
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just the opposite. It's the thickest profile in the current USA Select line. .825" at the 3rd fret, .890 at the 12th.

Comment

i have the work order somewhere, but we did tell tim to use rr 0045 (one of his) for neck shape reference.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just the opposite. It's the thickest profile in the current USA Select line. .825" at the 3rd fret, .890 at the 12th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and Phil's personal axes have a thicker profile than do the production PC-1s.

Thanks for the info Sully. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Did you spec it as "just like the neck on RR 0045" or did you specify a thickness and ask them to carve the profile like RR 0045?
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I thought it was like 850-938 or something?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey boys & girls ... it was real cool hanging out with Brad.... really cool guy and man does he have some cool guitars!!.... especially this SLATQ-M with some kick-ass mini-hums....and I never knew they sounded so awesome...(Toru, that is a killer guitar....got any more [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )..

....now onto the subject at hand...I've got different neck radius sizes I thought I would mention to get some further insite...
                When you use the Jackson Quote form, and the 'neck shape' option, the default/standard radius is STD 790-850. My firebirds were 790-850 & 850-900, ... My NAMM JJ had a 'soft vee' 850-950 which was closer to a fat rounded shape with a slight V to it... I'll send some picks of that when I get back home... (My Bengal JJ has an intense V radius....don't know what that is..??...anyone??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] )

This being said, I think the neck radius for the JCF-01 feels like either 850-950 or more like 900-975 or something close to that.... It has one of the most comfortable and amazing necks I have ever felt... (I love that fat-C like neck personally)... (I am now officially in the market for a JCF-01....if anyone has one they are looking to part with and is willing to work something out for it I would be very interested....(PM me)...awesome guitars....!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks to the admins for those, even though it was way before my time here...)

If any of you guys & gals can chime in here with more info, I would greatly appreciate it... (I wanna make sure that I list the right neck radius when I put my orders through...)

....and Tim.. I've gotta give you a call....good times as Sully would say... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Your in Fish

Comment

uuuuhhhhh anyone......????? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Can't Wait on Fish

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X