Custom Show Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Show Dinky

Just came home from the Dallas Guitar Show. Got to see George Lynch play with a local blues band. Nice show.

At Fullers Guitars out of Houston I had been looking at a Soloist with a Military Pinup Girl paint job by Dan L. Nice looking guitar but out of my price range. Behind it was the following black dinky custom shop. The maple board is fantastic and looks great with the ebony inlays. Has an ash body and JB in the bridge and Lil Demon in the neck.

Here it is.

For anyone counting this was work order 1783 and Serial Number 8234.

Saw Scott from VWall guitar who had quite a few nice looking Jacksons there as well.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Custom Show Dinky

Man, that is nice. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I think this was on E-bay last year by a seller(Store?) in TX.

Comment

sweet looking, do you have any pics of the military pin up girl soloist?

thanks
        jon

Comment

Very nice. The bound body adds a touch of class.

Comment

Killer axe!

Comment

Didn't one of the JCF dealers have one very similar to that?

Comment

wow, very nice. The body binding ties nicely into the maple fretboard. Tres classy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks everone. It's possible this was online last year. The spec sheet says it was built 5/19/04. It has a great feel to it. Non recessed trem and the tag says it was built by Mike Shannon. The neck feels very nice and the fret job is awesome.

Sorry, no pics of the pinup. It was green bolted steel with a USA symbol and 88 in yellow on it. The woman was 3/4 naked and in high heels.

I think Kevin Easton had a guitar similar sometime last fall.

Comment

Easton had one.
                    But that was slightly different such as the one Easton had had opposite slanted single coil and chicken head knob for the volume knob(strange!).

Comment

Wow! I'm lovin that maple fretboard and inlays. I like it. Even with that crooked neck pup. I'm with shreddermon/VitaminG on the binding as well. So does this mean you got 'er?
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        So does this mean you got 'er?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I wasn't going home empty handed. My wife got an '05 Mustang and this was my turn.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          My wife got an '05 Mustang and this was my turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, what a bargaining chip! Something to jog her memory when she starts givin ya shit about buyin' gear. All I have to throw at my wife is how much she spends on foo-foo (hair, nails, makeup, clothes, etc.) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Was the Warbird signed by Dan? He had stated previously that the Warbirds he painted didn't have chicks in them.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Was the Warbird signed by Dan? He had stated previously that the Warbirds he painted didn't have chicks in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not look for a signature or see one. The Jackson Rep that was there stated Dan painted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X