RR5 vs. RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 vs. RR1

i know that RR5 is made in some other country and RR1 is U.S. made.

is there any other difference? the price difference is about 1,000 dollars.

the reason i ask is because lamb of god guitarist, mark morton, plays an RR5 and i thought it was odd that he didn't go for the most expensive and get an RR1. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: RR5 vs. RR1

RR5: Made in Japan, unbound rosewood fingerboard, MOTO inlays, two Duncan JB humbuckers, limited color options, all flametops are veneers, compound (12-14") fretboard radius.

RR1: Made in USA, bound ebony fingerboard, MOP inlays, Duncan Jazz/JB set, USA finish options, all flametops are solid tops, compound (12-16") fretboard radius, CTS pots, Switchcraft switch, bone nut.

Comment

which do you think is better for metal?

what is bound when it comes to fingerboards?

Comment

'What's good for metal' is a phylosophical question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Go with what you an afford. At some point you will know if you need more from your guitar.

You certainly can get and make RR5 sound and play respectably. Most likely you will want to change pickups, which is not that much money. Before you know your situation changes and you can get/afford an RR1 if still interested.

just my 2c
        Alex

Comment

Binding is the white/ivory outline found typically found on the higher end Jacksons. Doesn't mean anything for playablility, just a nice touch and a matter of opinion, just like sharktooth inlays.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I have an RR5 and i love it and the pickups. great for metal, sounds amazing

Comment

The pickups in the rr5 are duncans, so no need to change them!

Comment

yup, great sounding duncans, not duncan designed either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have been told by many pro's that the RR1 does metal better than the RR5 although the Avenger did metal pretty good and its a Charvel for Pete's sake and of course there is the PCS but that doesn't do metal as good as the LTD's and I bet more metal is played through the EX's anyway.
                  I heard that if you play anything but metal on the RR1 or the RR5 you have to adjust the truss rod and raise the strap up high. I actually saw a guy playing southern rock with an RR1 and it sounded horrible. He then started playing Crazy Train and it sounded fantastic so I guess the answer to your question is YES!!! The RR1 and the RR5 can both do metal.

Comment

Actually, Morgan said playing anything but metal voids the warranty....
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

If you need a Floyd, then get the RR1. I did, wouldn't look back.

If you hate Floyds, I honestly don't think the RR1T is worth the cost over an RR5. Binding and ebony is great, but not worth it for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        If you need a Floyd, then get the RR1. I did, wouldn't look back.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

The RR5 is a nice guitar. But I wanted a Floyd and traded up my RR5 to an RR1 as well.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I have a RR5 and love it, but I miss the Floyd. So now I want a RR1. But I won't get rid of my RR5..it's great guitar.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ jgcable's response. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nailed the "15-year-old kid who's just starting out on guitar yet is offering his holier-than-thou response in a long string of run-on sentences" posting style. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              @ jgcable's response. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nailed the "15-year-old kid who's just starting out on guitar yet is offering his holier-than-thou response in a long string of run-on sentences" posting style. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks bro. I am pretty proud of my post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X