Jackson Custom Shop question - KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop question - KV

Anyone know if the Jackson Custom Shop has the Double Rhoads body style still available? It's like the KV2 shape, but bigger?

Yes, I know I can go to the dealer and ask them but I figured I'd ask here first [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Custom Shop question - KV

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone know if the Jackson Custom Shop has the Double Rhoads body style still available? It's like the KV2 shape, but bigger?

Yes, I know I can go to the dealer and ask them but I figured I'd ask here first [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive the answer is no but don't hold me to that.. We had 30 double Rhoads built for the forum and that being a custom order means that guitar cannot be built for 1 year.

Jackson has a 25th Ann Double Rhoads coming out but list price is pretty expensive..

If you hadn't seen mine in the classifieds here is a picture of BigRed ... the wingtips on these are 19" across ..

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Kev, does that mean they won't build the body shape or to those specs? I'd be pretty surprised if they refused to make another double Rhoads with different specs as Big Red. Also, if he orders it now, it won't be finished before the year is up anyhow. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim you are correct they couldn't do it to "our" specs. I'm sure they could cirumvent that by doing some minor changes. If you look in the dealers area regarding the green charvel you'll see where Matt states that he has exclusivity for one year on that guitar. Lloyd had the same on the bullseye run and 01 and fwiw K.E would have exclusivity on BigRed for 1 year.. so no it could not be ordered for 1 year.,..

with that said I'm wondering how the 25th will affect this whole custom ordering as I can't imagine FMIC would put out that guitar and allow a custom to be ordered cheaper than their 25th ..it wouldn't make sense.. I could be wrong and maybe J.W could post the direction of these body styles in regards to orders..

Case in point... Try and order a Rhoads LTD from the custom shop... you can't ..but they are doing it in a 2th ann run ..

Try ordering a "King Kelly" .. you can't ..but they are doing it in a 25th custom run .. I think the last true custom king kelly was ordered by Metalcop and he was told it would be the last if memory serves me correct ...

I'm by no means speaking from inside knowedge, it's just from past experience
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
        X