Please help me figure out what jackson this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me figure out what jackson this is

i bought this guitar used for about 359 dollars. it has a few dents but thats not the point.

i'm interested in knowing what model it is, when it was made, and how much it's worth.

it as an active emg humbucker at the bridge, and in the middle and neck position, single coil emgs.

3 miniswitches.

1 volume and 2 tone.

some weird paint job.

i THINK its a bolt on neck but i don't know (it has a metal plate thingy where the neck meets the body, so.....)

it has some weird paint job.

here it is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/1524bdb9.jpg

here is a picture i found in the jackson custom shop archives that is very similar to my guitar, but it gives no specifications on what model it is: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour.../decodream.jpg

thanks for any help.

Re: Please help me figure out what jackson this is

There was a guitar on E-bay looked very similar to the second link you posted above.
    The first link of yoru actual guitar does not show up so I can not see it.
    These usually sell for $600-700.
    Probably from early 90's.
    What's the serial # on the neck plate?
    If the neck is bolted by screws, that is a bolt on neck.

Anyway,I have never seen these sell for more than $800 unless in mint shape with Neck thru construction with original case.
    $600 would be a fair price for your guitar IMO.

Comment

the serial # is 001128.

Comment

Can you post a picture here?
        From the serial, it looks like 1991 made.

Comment

The link seems to work for me now. I think it's an early '90s Dinky because of the Schaller (JT-590) trem & scalloped lower horn. Deco Dream graphic. They look like Jackson pickups to me, and you should have an active electronics system, either the JE-1200 midboost or JE-1000 gain boost. You got it for a great price. The serial # would make it a '91.

Comment

i can't figure out how to attatch an image...i think you're right about the 1991.

if you go here and scroll down, you'll see the picture: http://www.taboramaforum.com/index.php?showuser=18599

Comment

dg, could you give me an estimate on the price?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The link seems to work for me now. I think it's an early '90s Dinky because of the Schaller (JT-590) trem & scalloped lower horn. Deco Dream graphic. They look like Jackson pickups to me, and you should have an active electronics system, either the JE-1200 midboost or JE-1000 gain boost. You got it for a great price. The serial # would make it a '91.

[/ QUOTE ]

´91 Dinky or Fusion. If it´s stock, ELectronics are the JE-1200 Midboost (The JE-1000 Gainboost only has a max of 2 pots and 1 switch, can´t be in here, and the 1500 also is 2 pots and a switch...), pickups are 2xJ-200 stacked Single coils and either a J80 or J-90 series humbucker (Most I´ve seen had the J-90C, one of my favorites)

Schaller Floyd (JT-590), ebony board, MOP sharkfins...If you sell it let me know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

At that time, there was no Production USA Dinky. Was the serial 6 digits? If so, Fusion. If it's a four digit, it could be a Custom, but I doubt it. Measure the scale length to confirm, it should be 24 3/4 inches. Dinkys were 25 1/2 inches...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

its a six digit serial so i guess its "fusion". i have no idea what fusion is...so...
                    the serial is 001128

what do i measure? the whole guitar?

Comment

measure from the nut to the 12th fret, then take that measurement and double it. If it's 25 1/2", it's a Dinky. If it's 24 3/4", it's a Fusion
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

i guess its a dinky....the distance between the nut and the 12 fret is just a little bit less than 13..so....that would be about 25 and a half.

but...charvel750 said that jackson didn't make dinkys in the time that the serial number says it was made in....

now what?

Comment

I am pretty shure the only 24 fret bolt on of the time was a fusion. It looks just like my '90 Fusion as far as proportion.

Comment

I hate to be a stickler, but what was the measurement exactly? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If it was 12 3/4" it's a Dinky. If it was 12 3/8" it's a Fusion.

On a side note, how often did production guitars after '90 come with the 3 mini-switch setup? I always think of that as a mid to late '80s thing. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Is it possible that this was like a limited run for a dealer or something?

Comment

wait, dg,you say that a 12 3/4 is a dinky and vitamin G said that 25 1/2 was a dinky. you say that 12 3/8 is fusion and vitamin g says that 12 3/4 is fusion.

glugdarmit

anyone else know what guitar this might be?

Comment

Working...
                              X